Need help understanding your bill?
iliberate's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, January 21st, 2012 1:01 AM

Number porting question

I currently have one line on Verizon and one on AT&T and I want to cancel the Verizon line but change my AT&T number to the number that I currently have on Verizon. Is this possible at all? Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

294 Messages

12 years ago

yes, definitely possible. make sure you keep the verizon line active until you port the number. AT&T cancels the Verizon account for you. You just need the verizon account number and possible pin/password. There is a direct line to ports and activations for at&t, but I don't remember it. You can just call care and have them transfer you there. 

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Check out this link for more information about porting your number: http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/transfer-your-number/

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

I'm not sure you understand though, I need to port the number to a line that already exists...

Guru

• 

294 Messages

12 years ago

yes, we understand. It's the same thiing. I've done it plenty of times. You're changing your number by porting in a number. I've done it. It's easy. The information above applies for your situation as well. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

I need to know if I can change my current AT&T number to my current verizon number. I am not adding a new line or getting any new service through AT&T.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Okay thank you, at the AT&T store they told me it wasn't doable so I just wanted to make sure. Do I pay the normal number change fee then?

Guru

• 

294 Messages

12 years ago

yes you can. contact the porting department to initiate your request. Their number is 8888987685. I'm actually doing that as well, again. I'm porting in my google voice number to att by changing my number.

Guru

• 

294 Messages

12 years ago

when i've done it before. They did charge me the number change fee.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

12 years ago

Okay, thanks! =]

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@iliberate wrote:

Okay thank you, at the AT&T store they told me it wasn't doable so I just wanted to make sure. Do I pay the normal number change fee then?

Just a heads up that there are some restrictions on porting numbers, especially if they are located in two different billing areas. That link I posted earlier allows you to check if you can port the number. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.