Wireless Forums

Posted Mar 24, 2011
12:31:27 PM
View profile
New unlocked phone

Hi  I have unlocked  phone  and  I  try to use  tat Simi card  it  is work  but  it is not good signal same times  so do I have to have same download softwood  to  my phone

the phone  it is from  anther country  and  it is unlocked phone

thank you

Hi  I have unlocked  phone  and  I  try to use  tat Simi card  it  is work  but  it is not good signal same times  so do I have to have same download softwood  to  my phone

the phone  it is from  anther country  and  it is unlocked phone

thank you

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 27, 2011 9:46:18 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Blue4Life on Mar 27, 2011 at 9:57:56 AM
I'm not sure what phone you are using, but does your phone support the 850 & 1900 MHz bands that are supported by AT&T Mobility? If your phone is missing one of these bands, it could drastically affect your coverage. The other possibility is that you are an area with limited coverage. Click here to to check the coverage map.

I use nothing but unlocked GSM phones and do not have any coverage issues.
Accepted Solution

New unlocked phone

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 3:19:39 PM
(0)
Employee

and thats the problem with unlocked phones. they werent made for the att network so they may not operate as well as an att phone would

and thats the problem with unlocked phones. they werent made for the att network so they may not operate as well as an att phone would

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: New unlocked phone

2 of 10 (4,771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 6:18:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

do you thing  we will have way   to   have the right  info  I can  receive calls  and  I can send  calls  but  the  thing  is time  I  call  my   ether ATT our   t_Mobil  line    you can see the +1  and the #  so  it will work  if we now how to have the right FILE DOWNLOAD OUR STAB

do you thing  we will have way   to   have the right  info  I can  receive calls  and  I can send  calls  but  the  thing  is time  I  call  my   ether ATT our   t_Mobil  line    you can see the +1  and the #  so  it will work  if we now how to have the right FILE DOWNLOAD OUR STAB

3 of 10 (4,757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2011 6:21:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

??

??

4 of 10 (4,751 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 27, 2011 9:46:18 AM
(0)
Master
Edited by Blue4Life on Mar 27, 2011 at 9:57:56 AM
I'm not sure what phone you are using, but does your phone support the 850 & 1900 MHz bands that are supported by AT&T Mobility? If your phone is missing one of these bands, it could drastically affect your coverage. The other possibility is that you are an area with limited coverage. Click here to to check the coverage map.

[ Edited ]
5 of 10 (4,685 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2011 11:20:37 AM
(0)
Explorer
Edited by Glomag on Apr 11, 2011 at 11:32:32 AM

Hello OldBlue!

You're still here...good for you!

Me too.

{Uncalled for comments edited}

Are you still using your original 3G sim card.

I keep getting letters signed by some VP saying the cutoff date has been slid (again) so I can keep using my mMode service a bit longer.

What have you done or what do you plan to do regarding your service/sim card?

Hello OldBlue!

You're still here...good for you!

Me too.

{Uncalled for comments edited}

Are you still using your original 3G sim card.

I keep getting letters signed by some VP saying the cutoff date has been slid (again) so I can keep using my mMode service a bit longer.

What have you done or what do you plan to do regarding your service/sim card?

[ Edited ]
6 of 10 (4,484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2012 11:53:18 AM
(0)
Contributor

Do you know if a Dell Venue will work with AT&T?

Do you know if a Dell Venue will work with AT&T?

7 of 10 (3,331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2012 11:58:00 AM
(0)
Expert

sierra223 wrote:

Do you know if a Dell Venue (Dell Thunder) will work with AT&T?

Yes it should work with no problem

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.

sierra223 wrote:

Do you know if a Dell Venue (Dell Thunder) will work with AT&T?

Yes it should work with no problem

Knight Rider Rules.gif

AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12.  You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF.  Policy info HERE.

Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.

8 of 10 (3,327 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2012 7:08:43 PM
(0)
Contributor

what if the unlocked phone IS an ATT phone.. I bought one that is identical to what i already have, the old SIM card should work fine, right? :smileyhappy:

what if the unlocked phone IS an ATT phone.. I bought one that is identical to what i already have, the old SIM card should work fine, right? :smileyhappy:

9 of 10 (3,275 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2012 4:08:54 PM
(0)
Expert
Yes it will work fine for you.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

Yes it will work fine for you.

Knight Rider Rules.gif

10 of 10 (3,205 Views)