Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 12, 2014
9:21:16 AM
View profile
New phone with different sized SIM - what to do?

Good morning,

Quick question, which I am sure there is a simple answer to.

Recently purchased an ATT branded Note 3 from a family member.  I currently have a HTC Vivid.  I have become aware of the fact that these phones use different sized SIM cards.

My question is, can I simply go into an AT&T store and have them give me a new SIM for this phone?  Will there be any charge for activation, phone switch, etc?  I have been an AT&T customer for 6+ years and have a couple months left on my current contract.  That information may not be necessary, but in case it helps.

Thanks in advance!

Good morning,

Quick question, which I am sure there is a simple answer to.

Recently purchased an ATT branded Note 3 from a family member.  I currently have a HTC Vivid.  I have become aware of the fact that these phones use different sized SIM cards.

My question is, can I simply go into an AT&T store and have them give me a new SIM for this phone?  Will there be any charge for activation, phone switch, etc?  I have been an AT&T customer for 6+ years and have a couple months left on my current contract.  That information may not be necessary, but in case it helps.

Thanks in advance!

New phone with different sized SIM - what to do?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 9:34:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
If you go to a corporate store, there should be no charge for the SIM and activation of the SIM.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
If you go to a corporate store, there should be no charge for the SIM and activation of the SIM.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: New phone with different sized SIM - what to do?

2 of 5 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 17, 2014 12:11:12 PM
(0)
Employee

For further clarification as well the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses a Micro-SIM, while the HTC Vivid uses a Standard Mini-SIM.  They would not be compatible.  Smiley Happy

For further clarification as well the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 uses a Micro-SIM, while the HTC Vivid uses a Standard Mini-SIM.  They would not be compatible.  Smiley Happy

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 5 (263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2014 5:28:14 PM
(0)
Scholar
You can cut the sim card into smaller one, but you will have to accept the consequence in the events that the sim card doesn't work out correctly. Or like all these other people said, go to corporate store, and bring both of your phone, and they will help you replace a sim card with the right fit, and you will be good to go.
You can cut the sim card into smaller one, but you will have to accept the consequence in the events that the sim card doesn't work out correctly. Or like all these other people said, go to corporate store, and bring both of your phone, and they will help you replace a sim card with the right fit, and you will be good to go.

4 of 5 (204 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 20, 2014 5:29:34 PM
(0)
Scholar
Make sure the primarily account holder or the authorized user is the one that goes to the store. Also, dont forget to bring amvalid government issue id with you. Or else they wont be able to help you out.
Make sure the primarily account holder or the authorized user is the one that goes to the store. Also, dont forget to bring amvalid government issue id with you. Or else they wont be able to help you out.

5 of 5 (203 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments