Need help understanding your bill?
rodriguezv's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, August 30th, 2016 2:09 PM

My upgrade eligibility doesn't make sense

i purchased my iphone 6 when the 2 year contract discount rate was still available. that was about 2 1/2 years ago. When i log in to my account it says that i need to pay an amount towards my next plan to be eligible for an upgrade. I know that the 2year contract discount is not available . However why does it say that i would have to trade in my phone & pay off my phone when i never purchased my phone through next. 

Guru

• 

629 Messages

8 years ago

It shouldn't be saying you have to make payments towards/ pay off your current phone.  Most likely its trying to give you a calculation of what your next installments will be should you renew under the next plan most similar to what you have now.  

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

8 years ago

I see a few discrepancies in your message.  The iPhoen 6 was launched on Sept 19, 2014,  so it hasn't even been a full 2 years since that phone was released.  I'm not sure how you bought one "about 2 1/2 years ago" since it hasn't even been out for 2 years yet.

Considering that you are mistaken about when you purchased, perhaps you are also mistaken about if you have a NEXT upgrade agreement instead of a service contract.  Check your monthly bill and see if you have a section in there for "equipment".  I know I purchased my wife's and my iPhone 6 phones on launch day, and our Sept bill includes our last NEXT 18 installment, so the Spet 2016 payment is our 24th payment on our NEXT agreement, and the phones will be ours to do with as we please.  In fact my wife just went to an Apple Store and got hers replaced yesterday since we also purchased AppleCare+ for our phones, soo she has a phone that is as good as new right now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Capture.JPG

1 Attachment

• 

25.7K Messages

8 years ago

What you posted shows you did an at&t next on it. Either that or you switched upgrades with somebody in the past
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.