Need help understanding your bill?
villamax's profile

Coach

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 7:30 AM

Moving to the US- can I get 3G/4G/LTE data?

I will be moving to the US shortly, and so I have been searching up about phone compatibility. Until I decide on a new phone, I will be using my Lumia 920 (unlocked) that I bought overseas. Below is the relevant information about my Lumia 920. Can I connect to AT&T's LTE/4G/3G?

• LTE network bands: 1, 3, 7, 8, 20
  • WCDMA network: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1900 MHz, 2100 MHz
  • GSM network: 850 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, 1900 MHz

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

121 Messages

10 years ago

TL;DR version: GSM 2G/EDGE - yes, 3G - yes, 4G HSPA+ - yes, 4G LTE - no.

According to AT&T's Nokia Lumia 920 phone, here are it's specifications:
4G-LTE Bands 2, 4, 5 and 17
4G HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul
3G - UMTS 850/900/1900/2100MHz
GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz

Since the 4G LTE network bands do not match up, my speculation would be that 4G LTE completely will NOT work, but everything, such as 4G HSPA+, 3G and GSM/GPRS/EDGE will work completely fine.

Source: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/nokia/lumia-920-matte-black.html#fbid=jaOhptULFW_

[edit] I also ran into an article on Reddit that shows a guy from Singapore with an International Lumia 920 and his experience on T-Mobile, and on AT&T.

And from his review, he states that he cannot use LTE. But that he is able to use 4G.

quote from article:

AT&T however uses the 700mhz band for the majority of their LTE. The Lumia 920 is missing this band and as a result I have never been on their LTE network despite trying several different APN settings with the assistance of their tech support. AT&T does support the 2100mhz band which the Lumia 920 has but I suspect they have not done a huge deployment on this band yet as I have yet to connect.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/windowsphone/comments/1c2usj/my_experience_with_an_international_lumia_920_on/

Coach

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry I didn't see the edit- thanks for the help!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.