Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 3, 2012
5:59:54 AM
View profile
Metro Detroit/South East Michigan OUtage

Any word on loss of service in the Metro Detroit Area?

Any word on loss of service in the Metro Detroit Area?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 3, 2012 6:04:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just chatted with support. They confirmed that there is an outage in the Detroit area. Text still works......no ETA on restoring service.

Accepted Solution

Metro Detroit/South East Michigan OUtage

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 3, 2012 6:04:47 AM
(0)
Tutor

I just chatted with support. They confirmed that there is an outage in the Detroit area. Text still works......no ETA on restoring service.

Re: Metro Detroit/South East Michigan OUtage

2 of 11 (5,369 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 6:08:31 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yes, also chatted with them and got the same reply...asked if they'd be notifying us when the service is back...they told me to check by trying to use my phone in a "couple of hours".  Nice AT&T, real nice!!

JW

Yes, also chatted with them and got the same reply...asked if they'd be notifying us when the service is back...they told me to check by trying to use my phone in a "couple of hours".  Nice AT&T, real nice!!

JW

3 of 11 (5,332 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 6:30:45 AM
(0)
Tutor

Still no service......

Still no service......

4 of 11 (5,026 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 6:40:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

This is beyond unacceptable. 

This is beyond unacceptable. 

5 of 11 (4,857 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 7:04:37 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah I cant make calls or recieve them but texts still work. HELP!

Yeah I cant make calls or recieve them but texts still work. HELP!

6 of 11 (4,322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 7:19:18 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm glad that I don't count on my cellphone to conduct my business on a day-to-day basis...OH WAIT...I DO!!!!

I guess now instead of doing my job effectively, I get to spend the morning posting to the AT&T board in hopes that they fix this NOW!!!

I'm glad that I don't count on my cellphone to conduct my business on a day-to-day basis...OH WAIT...I DO!!!!

I guess now instead of doing my job effectively, I get to spend the morning posting to the AT&T board in hopes that they fix this NOW!!!

7 of 11 (4,070 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 7:26:05 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'd just like to know what single component in this area is important enough that it affects so many users, and yet apparently doesn't merit adding some redundancy to the network in case it fails.  Knowing what is wrong, when it failed, and an estimated amount of time before service restoration would seem to be reasonable for AT&T's loyal customers.  We deserve something.  ANYTHING!  Please, throw us a bone here!

I'd just like to know what single component in this area is important enough that it affects so many users, and yet apparently doesn't merit adding some redundancy to the network in case it fails.  Knowing what is wrong, when it failed, and an estimated amount of time before service restoration would seem to be reasonable for AT&T's loyal customers.  We deserve something.  ANYTHING!  Please, throw us a bone here!

8 of 11 (3,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 7:29:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

My phone service seems to be back on.

My phone service seems to be back on.

9 of 11 (3,933 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 7:29:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

Calls now going through in the Rochester Hills area.

Calls now going through in the Rochester Hills area.

10 of 11 (3,933 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 3, 2012 7:39:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

Calls going through in Washtenaw County also...thanks for the updates all!  God, I can't wait for my contract to end!!!  Ridiculous that we have to get notifications of the network being back up from each other and through trial & error!!  Thanks AT&T...way to go!!!  Failing to meet my expectations once again!!

JW

Calls going through in Washtenaw County also...thanks for the updates all!  God, I can't wait for my contract to end!!!  Ridiculous that we have to get notifications of the network being back up from each other and through trial & error!!  Thanks AT&T...way to go!!!  Failing to meet my expectations once again!!

JW

11 of 11 (3,837 Views)