Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 6, 2014
12:55:57 PM
View profile
Just don't make no sense about my account
I still having issues where they said my credit wasn't good enough for a next account. When one of mine is on a next account and they put my other as two year contract at the same time. So why couldn't the both be. I can already upgrade the next line. So what's the issue with them both being on a Next program?
I still having issues where they said my credit wasn't good enough for a next account. When one of mine is on a next account and they put my other as two year contract at the same time. So why couldn't the both be. I can already upgrade the next line. So what's the issue with them both being on a Next program?

Just don't make no sense about my account

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 1:31:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

mdehart78 wrote:

I'm not sure how AT&T does it, but if you don't upgrade both phones at the same time, then they may run a new credit check on your account when you try to purchase the second phone.  Keep in mind that the first purchase will increase your credit risk because you now have a higher debt to income ratio, as well as the simple fact that multiple credit inquiries will also have a negative impact on your credit availability.  You may want to get a credit report on yourself to make sure that you haven'y had any identity theft issues too...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

mdehart78 wrote:

I'm not sure how AT&T does it, but if you don't upgrade both phones at the same time, then they may run a new credit check on your account when you try to purchase the second phone.  Keep in mind that the first purchase will increase your credit risk because you now have a higher debt to income ratio, as well as the simple fact that multiple credit inquiries will also have a negative impact on your credit availability.  You may want to get a credit report on yourself to make sure that you haven'y had any identity theft issues too...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Just don't make no sense about my account

2 of 6 (278 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 4:07:12 PM
(0)
Employee

AT&T Next is about a 30% larger risk compared to the contracts. AT&T may choose to limit how many of them you get, based on your credit.

Just like there's a limit on how many contracts/lines you get before you have a deposit, it's just a matter of risk assesment.

-Alex

AT&T Next is about a 30% larger risk compared to the contracts. AT&T may choose to limit how many of them you get, based on your credit.

Just like there's a limit on how many contracts/lines you get before you have a deposit, it's just a matter of risk assesment.

-Alex

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 5:59:51 PM
(0)
Contributor
I guess it what it is one is and other not still kinda sucks wish both was next .. I understand about credit and my just getting better maybe sometime soon both lines be next
I guess it what it is one is and other not still kinda sucks wish both was next .. I understand about credit and my just getting better maybe sometime soon both lines be next

4 of 6 (241 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 6:52:07 PM
(0)
Guru
Keep up with the positive payments and you'll have a good chance at having both on next. The stores near me say only 5% are approved for next so it seems like its pretty strict especially at first.
Keep up with the positive payments and you'll have a good chance at having both on next. The stores near me say only 5% are approved for next so it seems like its pretty strict especially at first.

5 of 6 (228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 7, 2014 9:20:50 AM
(0)
Contributor
Oh yeah I definitely will and I bet they do only 5% are approved I sound so at first
Oh yeah I definitely will and I bet they do only 5% are approved I sound so at first

6 of 6 (193 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments