Need help understanding your bill?
mdehart78's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, June 6th, 2014 7:55 PM

Just don't make no sense about my account

I still having issues where they said my credit wasn't good enough for a next account. When one of mine is on a next account and they put my other as two year contract at the same time. So why couldn't the both be. I can already upgrade the next line. So what's the issue with them both being on a Next program?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@mdehart78 wrote:
I still having issues where they said my credit wasn't good enough for a next account. When one of mine is on a next account and they put my other as two year contract at the same time. So why couldn't the both be. I can already upgrade the next line. So what's the issue with them both being on a Next program?

I'm not sure how AT&T does it, but if you don't upgrade both phones at the same time, then they may run a new credit check on your account when you try to purchase the second phone.  Keep in mind that the first purchase will increase your credit risk because you now have a higher debt to income ratio, as well as the simple fact that multiple credit inquiries will also have a negative impact on your credit availability.  You may want to get a credit report on yourself to make sure that you haven'y had any identity theft issues too...

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

AT&T Next is about a 30% larger risk compared to the contracts. AT&T may choose to limit how many of them you get, based on your credit.

Just like there's a limit on how many contracts/lines you get before you have a deposit, it's just a matter of risk assesment.

-Alex

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I guess it what it is one is and other not still kinda sucks wish both was next .. I understand about credit and my just getting better maybe sometime soon both lines be next

Guru

• 

870 Messages

10 years ago

Keep up with the positive payments and you'll have a good chance at having both on next. The stores near me say only 5% are approved for next so it seems like its pretty strict especially at first.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Oh yeah I definitely will and I bet they do only 5% are approved I sound so at first
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.