For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
danielelivorno's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, September 11th, 2013 5:16 PM

Informations for future international user

My name is Daniele, I'm an Italian citizen and from 28th of September to 7th December I'll stay in the US for study. I would like to know if I can make with an AT&T sim a DataPro 3Gb service and the international plan, with which I can pay $3.99 per month to call at $0.09/$0.26 in Italy, both only for two months. If this is possible do I need to buy a smartphone in the US or I can use my Euopean Samsung Galaxy S duos (or the S III which is also available for me)?

Thank you for your answers,

Daniele

[edited for privacy]

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

11 years ago

Here's a paragraph with the details.

Bring your own device(Customer Owned Equipment) -- Customers with a compatible 3G or 4G capable device can purchase a SIM card and accompanying rate plan with no long-term service commitment. Certain restrictions may apply. AT&T is not responsible for the performance of any non-branded AT&T devices.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Ok great, I think that I'm gradualy improving in the understanding of the plans operation.

Then my next question is, if you still have the patience to answer to me: Do I necessarily need to add a voice plan (ex.: Nation 450 Rollover), in which I'm not interested in, to the DataPro 3Gb and AT&T World connect if I want to choose a Post-paid service?

If the answer is yes, which would mean for me to pay nearly $74 per month, Could be better to choose the $60/per month GoPhone smartphone plan (which give 2Gb data) and then add an international calls plan to spend $65 per month? Is this solution possible?

I think that I'm arriving very slowly to the solution of the problem, and at the end I might think to erect a monument in your honor.

Thank you for your patience

Daniele

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you very much again for all your time and availability, finally I've taken my decision and I'll ask for this GoPhone smartphone plan.

Best regards,

Daniele

Scholar

• 

75 Messages

11 years ago

Good to hear Daniele! I will be in this forum for some time , if anytime in the future you need some more help. We will be here!

Enjoy your stay ,

C.Hayward.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.