For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Williampeterson's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, July 25th, 2016 5:24 PM

Impossible to verify identity?!

I have been trying for days to sign up for AT&T. My original request was cancelled because they could not verify my identity. My guess is that because I just moved, my billing and mailing address were different. But working with the store has been nightmarish. I've spent close to 12 hours while employees try to get through to the correct departments. Most attempts are met with a dropped call/disconnection.

I verified that ALL my information is correct with all three credit companies. Nothing is wrong. No one can help me and no one can tell me what additional info I need to provide to get past this.

I would run to sprint, but AT&T is the only company with acceptable cell coverage in the area I am moving to. And I need to work.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

8 years ago

Send a message to @ATTMobilityCare and see if they can work with you to get an account opened.

If you don't get help in the next 2-3 days, please post again on this thread and I will see if the Wizards behind the curtain can help you.

image.jpeg

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks, this was JUST resolved thanks to some great persistent staff at the Avon, OH store. So much frustration over something very simple. Agents need more access to speak with people that can assist in SOLVING issues like this. 'Smart' chat ended up wasting HOURS of time before eventually disconnecting and making us start over. Hats off to Joe and Rudy at the ATT Store. Three days and 12 hours finally paid off.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.