Need help understanding your bill?
auntof3sjb1017's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, August 18th, 2012 8:00 PM

If you block a phone number, how is the party still able to leve a voice mail?

Ok, let's try this AGAIN! if you block a phone number, how is the blocked person still able to leave a voice mail? That doesn't make sense! What if the person is harrassing you?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

372 Messages

12 years ago

It depends on how you block the number. If you use AT&T smart limits then the caller does not have an option to leave a message as they get a message that you are not accepting calls. They could possibly call the vm system directly and then enter your phone number. If you use a market app, then there is no control over that because that's not AT&T, that's a 3rd party app

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

Contact the police. With the voicemail, you have evidence.

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

12 years ago

Maybe the person called from a different number? The voice mail system does not identify the number that has called, does it? Go to your account online and pull up the account activity. I think it will show which number they called from.

Employee

• 

581 Messages

12 years ago

Hey there.  FYI,  imstef is correct!   Here is a link that may offer some assistance on details regarding Smart Limits/Controls!  Smiley Happy   ~Delia

AT&T Smart Limits For Wireless

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

12 years ago

I don't need to call the police. I just don't want to talk to the person anymore. It is a smartphone. I used the Reject Number Block feature. That's how I blocked him. He can't tap into my VM. How can I work it SO he doesn't leave a VM or have the option to? How can I make it say, " Iam NOT accpeting phone calls from this number? I Called ATT. Forget it! They were like, "YOu wanna hear something funny?" This website is a nightmare too! The members are MORE knowledgeable THAN the employees.  Unbelieveable!

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

12 years ago

You have to pay 3.99 to BLOCK a phone number, EVEN if the PERSON is HARRASSING you! THAT IS insane!

Scholar

• 

186 Messages

12 years ago

Your first step should be to tell the person not to call you anymore. If you have not done this, then their calling cannot be considered harrassment. If you have done this, then just don't answer their calls and don't listen to their voice messages. Eventually they should get the hint. Most people will stop bothering with you if you do not return calls or emails or text messages.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

And if that don't work then tell then you will take it to the authorities and press charges.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

12 years ago

I did not use Smart Voice to block the number. I used the reject call feature on the phone. I still don't get how a "blocked number" can be blocked, but the PERSON is STILL able to leave a VM. Can someone help me?

Guru

• 

294 Messages

12 years ago

The reject call feature sends them immediately to voicemail.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.