Wireless Forums

Posted Jan 28, 2013
2:45:44 PM
I need help buying a new phone!...

My family has a family plan (of course) I own an iphone my two children own phones with unlimited text messaging. I just added my daughter to my family plan in May 2012. I was wondering can she purchase or replace her phone now? And can she do so at a cheap price? Thanks for all your help! :cathappy:

My family has a family plan (of course) I own an iphone my two children own phones with unlimited text messaging. I just added my daughter to my family plan in May 2012. I was wondering can she purchase or replace her phone now? And can she do so at a cheap price? Thanks for all your help! :cathappy:

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 29, 2013 8:40:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Did your daughter start a new contract with a subsidized phone when she initiated service with AT&T?  If she did, then she wouldn't be eligible for a new phone with subsidized pricing yet.  If she started service on a month-to-month basis with a phone that she already had or purchased a phone at the full (unsubsidized) price, then she may be eligible for an upgrade.

You can log into your online account manager (OLAM) and see the upgrade options for your daughter's line.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

I need help buying a new phone!...

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jan 29, 2013 8:40:39 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Did your daughter start a new contract with a subsidized phone when she initiated service with AT&T?  If she did, then she wouldn't be eligible for a new phone with subsidized pricing yet.  If she started service on a month-to-month basis with a phone that she already had or purchased a phone at the full (unsubsidized) price, then she may be eligible for an upgrade.

You can log into your online account manager (OLAM) and see the upgrade options for your daughter's line.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: I need help buying a new phone!...

2 of 2 (1,016 Views)
Solution