Need help understanding your bill?
Zerion's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 12th, 2014 4:47 AM

I'm paying 130 a month just to use my iPhone5s, Is this normal or did i get set up?

Everyone i tell this to is comepletely shocked by it. I'm paying 130$ a month just to use one phone and nothing else, This is not including the extra I had to pay for the phone and the deposit.

When i originally asked, they told me this was the cheapest plan possible.

I moved to study here and had no idea what price it's supposed to be. 
Doing some maths, I will be paying twice more than getting my phone straight from apple and buying an equivalent data plan.

Is that normal? why would someone buy a data plan when the phone is Cheaper?

I get 4GB data a month and the rest is basics. (as low as possible)
Had an emergency last month where i went overbudget on the data and ended up paying 170 a month.

I honestly feel scammed

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Zerion wrote:

Everyone i tell this to is comepletely shocked by it. I'm paying 130$ a month just to use one phone and nothing else, This is not including the extra I had to pay for the phone and the deposit.

When i originally asked, they told me this was the cheapest plan possible.

I moved to study here and had no idea what price it's supposed to be. 
Doing some maths, I will be paying twice more than getting my phone straight from apple and buying an equivalent data plan.

Is that normal? why would someone buy a data plan when the phone is Cheaper?

I get 4GB data a month and the rest is basics. (as low as possible)
Had an emergency last month where i went overbudget on the data and ended up paying 170 a month.

I honestly feel scammed

The mobile share plan for one phone with 4 GB of data is $95. http://www.att.com/att/planner/#fbid=f1EQTTxwZ5B

A couple questions: 

1. What are the monthly charges on you bill (i.e. before taxes and surcharges). 

2. Do you have any additional services: mobile insurance, roadside assistance, etc. These will be listed as line items on your bill.

3. Did you purchase your phone through the NEXT program? That, too, will add a monthly charge.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

I'd personally reccomend you review the alternatives.

Visit www.myattrpc.com

A large portion of this depends on the combination of your data usage and contract.

-Alex

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

10 years ago

Is this your first bill? If so, then it will always be a little high due to activation fees, and other local/governmental fees.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.