Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 27, 2013
9:52:09 PM
I'd like to switch from a business plan to a family plan...
I'd like to switch from a business plan to a family plan...but I want to keep my number...

I've been under my employees account for about two years and I am due for an upgrade in July, so I was going to research whether it was possible to remove my line from the plan and add it to my family's plan, with the same number...

Is really appreciate any feedback - thanks !
I'd like to switch from a business plan to a family plan...but I want to keep my number...

I've been under my employees account for about two years and I am due for an upgrade in July, so I was going to research whether it was possible to remove my line from the plan and add it to my family's plan, with the same number...

Is really appreciate any feedback - thanks !
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 28, 2013 4:39:19 AM
(0)
Expert

You need to talk to who ever handles the plan at your place of employement, they need to authorize a transfer of billing responsiblity of the number to you, then go to a att store and complete it.

Accepted Solution

I'd like to switch from a business plan to a family plan...

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 27, 2013 9:53:19 PM
(0)
Tutor
I meant to say under my employer's plan****
I meant to say under my employer's plan****

Re: I'd like to switch from a business plan to a family plan...

2 of 11 (1,601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
May 28, 2013 4:39:19 AM
(0)
Expert

You need to talk to who ever handles the plan at your place of employement, they need to authorize a transfer of billing responsiblity of the number to you, then go to a att store and complete it.

3 of 11 (1,557 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2013 8:14:52 AM
(0)
Tutor
Ok that can be done , but I've seen people have issues while transferring their number from a family plan to a business plan and had been forced to get a new number , but you're saying as long as I get permission to change the plan it can be done ?

Thanks for your help I appreciate it
Ok that can be done , but I've seen people have issues while transferring their number from a family plan to a business plan and had been forced to get a new number , but you're saying as long as I get permission to change the plan it can be done ?

4 of 11 (1,542 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2013 8:50:14 AM
(0)
Expert

swalsh81189 wrote:

as long as the area codes are the same or in the same area you will be ok, for example - 314/636 area codes are allowed to be on the same plan since the 636 area code was created when they ran out of number for the 314. You cannot merge a different area of business, for example - California and Washington area codes.

swalsh81189 wrote:

as long as the area codes are the same or in the same area you will be ok, for example - 314/636 area codes are allowed to be on the same plan since the 636 area code was created when they ran out of number for the 314. You cannot merge a different area of business, for example - California and Washington area codes.

5 of 11 (1,534 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 28, 2013 9:35:24 PM
(0)
Tutor
Right, my Employment and residente are The sabe área Code 516 ... So once I get my boss's permission it looks like this is feesable
Thanks!
Right, my Employment and residente are The sabe área Code 516 ... So once I get my boss's permission it looks like this is feesable
Thanks!

6 of 11 (1,500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 29, 2013 3:53:16 AM
(0)
Expert

swalsh81189 wrote:
Thanks!

your boss or who ever administers the plan will need to call into att for flag the number

swalsh81189 wrote:
Thanks!

your boss or who ever administers the plan will need to call into att for flag the number

7 of 11 (1,481 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 13, 2013 8:17:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

thanks alot for your help , i Think I will be doing this on July1St..

Is there a fee to do this ? my contract should be up July 1st...if that makes a difference...

Is there a fee to do this ? my contract should be up July 1st...if that makes a difference...

8 of 11 (1,408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 4:46:09 AM
(0)
Expert

swalsh81189 wrote:

there is no fee for this, but it will follow the normal policies for starting an account, like a credit check and the such

swalsh81189 wrote:

there is no fee for this, but it will follow the normal policies for starting an account, like a credit check and the such

9 of 11 (1,387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 19, 2013 4:46:19 PM
(0)
Teacher

If the person already has a family plan, why would a credit check be necessary?

If the person already has a family plan, why would a credit check be necessary?

10 of 11 (1,199 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 2, 2013 2:13:59 PM
(0)
Teacher

So what was the solution?

So what was the solution?

11 of 11 (1,030 Views)