Need help understanding your bill?
swalsh81189's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, May 28th, 2013 4:52 AM

I'd like to switch from a business plan to a family plan...

I'd like to switch from a business plan to a family plan...but I want to keep my number...

I've been under my employees account for about two years and I am due for an upgrade in July, so I was going to research whether it was possible to remove my line from the plan and add it to my family's plan, with the same number...

Is really appreciate any feedback - thanks !

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

You need to talk to who ever handles the plan at your place of employement, they need to authorize a transfer of billing responsiblity of the number to you, then go to a att store and complete it.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

I meant to say under my employer's plan****

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Ok that can be done , but I've seen people have issues while transferring their number from a family plan to a business plan and had been forced to get a new number , but you're saying as long as I get permission to change the plan it can be done ?

Thanks for your help I appreciate it

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@swalsh81189 wrote:
Ok that can be done , but I've seen people have issues while transferring their number from a family plan to a business plan and had been forced to get a new number , but you're saying as long as I get permission to change the plan it can be done ?

Thanks for your help I appreciate it

as long as the area codes are the same or in the same area you will be ok, for example - 314/636 area codes are allowed to be on the same plan since the 636 area code was created when they ran out of number for the 314. You cannot merge a different area of business, for example - California and Washington area codes.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Right, my Employment and residente are The sabe área Code 516 ... So once I get my boss's permission it looks like this is feesable
Thanks!

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@swalsh81189 wrote:
Right, my Employment and residente are The sabe área Code 516 ... So once I get my boss's permission it looks like this is feesable
Thanks!

your boss or who ever administers the plan will need to call into att for flag the number

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

thanks alot for your help , i Think I will be doing this on July1St..

Is there a fee to do this ? my contract should be up July 1st...if that makes a difference...

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@swalsh81189 wrote:

thanks alot for your help , i Think I will be doing this on July1St..

Is there a fee to do this ? my contract should be up July 1st...if that makes a difference...

there is no fee for this, but it will follow the normal policies for starting an account, like a credit check and the such

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

If the person already has a family plan, why would a credit check be necessary?

Teacher

• 

17 Messages

11 years ago

So what was the solution?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.