For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
atandtworst's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 28th, 2016 1:41 AM

I HATE AT &T!!!!!

I am so frustrated with AT&T. I have been a loyal customer for 12 years and am now looking at switching to a new provider. In June I bought my son a new phone and decided to switch to Direct TV since I am already a cell phone user of AT&T. Once I added my sons phone and added Direct TV, my AT&T service has really, really suffered. Every month after my plan changed, I received a bill that was almost double what it should be. I was told my bill would go from about $270 per month to about $315. My first bill was almost $600. I was able to call and it took an hour, but they reduced my bill and apoligized. The same thing happenned for the next following months. I was mad but then they made me feel better that they would at least lower my bill. But I was so mad that I had to waste an hour or more every month to call when it was their error. I called in Sept to ask why I no longer had my hotspot and they told me it was because I was on the unlimitied data plan. So that was fine. Then I get my Oct bill and it is $466. An hour later on the phone, they told me the extra fees were for overages on our IPAD. Apparently when I called to inquire about the hot spot, they took the liberty to change my plan and take only one device, my IPAD, off the unlimited plan. So the $160 was for overusage on my IPAD that should have had unlimited data. Why in the world would I only have unlimited data on 3 out of 4 of my devices. I was transfered to 3 different people and eventually talked to a manager. All 3 people told me that they could not waive the overage fee becuase of some lame new rule that AT&T has and they will not reduce overage charges. SO THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT I HAVE TO PAY AN EXTRA $160 FOR OVERCHARGES THAT ARE INCORRECT!!! I am beyond furious at this point and I feel totally taken advantage of and mislead by AT&T. They also told me that I was updated via text on the overages but I was not. And unfortuatnly they cannot prove that they texted me updates about being over my plan. Again, $160 in overage fees. I will now be looking into how I can get out of my plan. I am so disapointed because I was a very loyal customer for 12 years and this is how they are treating me. I'm shocked and very let down by AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

7 years ago

On either occasion did you look at your bill to see your plan and devices?

It might have explained a lot.

The plan has cost of $40 for each device.  

$40 for unlimited data on each smartphone

$40 for unlimited data on the iPad 

$60 for the plan, 

$40 x 4 = $160 + $60 =$220.  Add taxes and cost of any phone installments.

You didn't know what plan you were on, or it's features or costs.  Without knowing that, how do you know what your bill should be, or if you are being overcharged?

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/unlimited-plan.html

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

After 20 years in Alabama using AT&T I have cancelled all my accounts as of mid-Feb 2017. That includes a small business phone, a house phone, a fax line, high speed internet service and for the last couple of years Direct TV.  I have dug the dish out of the back yard, put it in the trash and had the landline box and wires removed from the outside of my home. If it comes down to no other options but AT&T I will do without phone service altogether. Since the number of landlines declines every single year it won't be long before people don't even consider an AT&T phone.

There are many reasons not to do business with them.  Some of those reasons, like an automated customer service system from Hades, the inability to follow through with most of what they promise, and the pitiful fact that you get a different answer from everyone you speak to are what led me to cancel services. BUT what has convinced me to NEVER, EVER go back....even if they offer it for free (which we all know will not happen) is the hassle, penalties, and difficulties I have experience in trying to sever ties with them. 

For Direct TV I was charged $180 for cancelling before the end of the contract.

For the Business line that gets more spam calls than business calls I was charged $155 for stopping service. No long distance in 20 years, when it rained it had so much static you could barely hear, no extras...just a phone.

The internet was mostly ok, just expensive and slow.

I have paid what was supposed to be the final bill twice now. I was told they owed me a refund which never came so I called today to ask and was told that I still owed them $350.00. I was so angry that I said words I didn't even know I knew. Then I was so embarrassed that I paid it on the credit card over the phone. Now I will have to go through all my bank statements to dig up proof that I have paid them, paid them and paid them. 

Oh, and the refund they never paid, the one that never came, that refund mysteriously disappeared from my records. They have no idea what I am talking about.

Hang onto your sanity and piece of mind, hang onto your hard earned money and choose another company...any other company.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I had similar experience. Told me I would save 20 bucks a month to only see it's actually more. Now I can't switch back to old plan because it was grandfathered in and they didn't lower my bill. The rep lied don't switch to unlimited choice!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@AngryInAlabama Sounds like you should have canceled a LONG time ago.

It's not really their fault you canceled before your contract was over.

They also can't control the spam calls.

If the internet was too expensive, you should have switched...

If you had static, you should have switched long ago or made them fix it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.