For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
RuggedHunter's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, November 28th, 2015 3:20 AM

How to sell my new upgraded device

I just upgraded to a new Samsung flagship device by paying the discounted upgrade fee and agreeing to two more years of service. I also just bought an unlocked international version of the same device on ebay. I want to keep the international version and my att service by swapping the SIM from my current phone, and sell the new att branded device as new/in box.

Q) Will this new att branded device be shipped with its own SIM? If so, what happens if the new user activates that SIM instead of swapping their old SIM...does it show on my bill or turn off my old SIM (that I'll still be using in my international version)?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

8 years ago

Only one active SIM card for a phone number can exist.  If you never activate the SIM card it will not register to your account.  The ATT phone will not be unlockable for 2 years.  Be aware of this when you sell it, most people want an unlockable device.

The international phone will have to program the APN settings for ATT into the phone. 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Got it. Thank you! I don't need to worry about the sim as long as I never activate the phone myself. And I'll be prepared to sell for less than unlocked devices, and clearly describe it as locked to att.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Also remember that things like samsung pay will not work on the international version.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, unfortunately. I need to root though...which means I have to flash a custom kernel, so Samsung Pay wouldn't work with knox 0x1 anyway. It looks really cool though.

I wish AT&T didn't decide for me that I can't develop on my own android. Wish we could opt out the warranty and unlock the bootloader (we sure pay enough money)...it would save me the hassle of doing this device dance.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.