Need help understanding your bill?
valgal123's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 2:18 AM

How to Activate Phone?

Okay, so my family got me a cell phone almost 5 years ago and recently I upgraded it to a Samsung Galaxy Note.  Because my family has all the account info and I don't actually have my own ATT account makes this all very difficult for me.  They don't want me to have my own account just yet, for whatever reason I don't know.  Anyway, I got my new phone about a month ago.  

I can't make any calls on the phone though, all I hear is "something, something, something, activate phone, something, something"  its a very long message.  So I tried activating the phone on this website, no can do.  I asked my family for all the account info so I can proceed with activation.  They are giving me wrong information, and can't remember the correct info.  I can't email ATT, or talk to them on here without the freaking account.  ugh, I should just call them right now.  oh wait, my phone doesn't actually  make calls.  I forgot.  I should stop in to an ATT store, but since I'm not the actual account holder I'm not sure how much help they will be.  If ANY ONE HAS ATT EMAIL THAT WOULD BE GREAT.  OR ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

Any point of contact to activate the phone would require the same account information. You are going to have the account holder take you to a store, with their ID, to get the phone activated since they cannot remember any of the account info.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

kdfederer is absolutely right. 

We cannot activate your phone without the account information. If the account holder isn't sure of what information to provide, going with them into a retail store is the best option. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I think I finally have all the account info.  Now, can I just activate my phone online? or do I still need to go into the store?  Thanks!

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Here is an article that gives a rundown on activating new devices: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB114181#fbid=CEsJqleA9UC

If you have any trouble, I do recommend visiting an AT&T store for some help. 

Let us know how it turns out!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks.  I've tried that online activation countless times.  It eventually wants me to log into account and this is where my family says "password? what password? I dont have an ATT password or User ID!"  Guess I will have to stop in.  

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

12 years ago

If they have never logged online or set up an online account, it is easy to set one up. With your family by your side, sign up for an account and then you can activate online.
Go to this page - https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute?customerType=W and click the register link and answer the questions and you will have an online account.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.