For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
audiralley's profile

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

Sunday, March 27th, 2011 5:29 PM

How long does it take for a rate plan change?

So I changed my rate plan from FamilyTalk 1400, to FamilyTalk 700. The weird thing is when I check my account online it displays the correct plan. And when I dial *min# it displays my old plan. Is this normal?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

50 Messages

13 years ago

Yes. It is normal for the Star Services or the *646# to show you the minutes on your old plan. You will see this normalize by your next bill cycle. You have your new plan in effect though so be sure to watch your minutes since you have cut your minute allowance in half.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

13 years ago

Oh, I'm also having this issue;
MINs Remaining
As Of: 03/28
Anytime: 1,400
N&W: Unlimited
M2M: Unlimited
RO: 3,100
Rate Plan Overage: 50
See att.com/starservices for applicable limitations.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

The worst thing you can do is change your rate plan mid cycle and u get a prorated charge for your old plan AND new plan, but also your minutes are prorated too for your new plan depending on how many days you are on the new plan until your cycle starts. In addition to that, you will see the prorated charge as well as an advanced charge for the next month. So warning; (att reps are told to adv the cust of this too) Dont make rate plan or feature changes mid cycle. Have them set to change the FIRST day of your new cycle, not a day before or a day after.

Mentor

• 

31 Messages

13 years ago

I changed my plan the first day of the new billing cycle, I called AT&T and they say that there's a glitch in the system and that it will be resolved by the end of the billing cycle, and that if I incur fee's AT&T will credit the fees.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.