Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 23, 2013
5:35:15 AM
View profile
How long does att keep contents of texts/IM for court orders?

Does someone know for sure how long att keep records of content to texts/IM for court orders?

I've talk to att customer service and they say that they dont keep delete content of texts/IM.

But you mention court orders and then they say they keep the records but would not say for how long?

Does any one know for how long?  Any help would be apprciated!!!

Does someone know for sure how long att keep records of content to texts/IM for court orders?

I've talk to att customer service and they say that they dont keep delete content of texts/IM.

But you mention court orders and then they say they keep the records but would not say for how long?

Does any one know for how long?  Any help would be apprciated!!!

How long does att keep contents of texts/IM for court orders?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 22, 2013 6:41:48 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello Gary,

AT&T keeps records of mesages sent/recieved to and from specific numbers, with dates and times for 18 months. AT&T does not keep actual message contents.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello Gary,

AT&T keeps records of mesages sent/recieved to and from specific numbers, with dates and times for 18 months. AT&T does not keep actual message contents.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How long does att keep contents of texts/IM for court orders?

2 of 3 (23,150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2014 12:00:22 PM
(0)
Contributor

how long does ATT keep CONTEXT of text messages and how much is the cost to retrive them?they were sent and recieved somewhere around 14-20 months ago. what is the process? Thx

how long does ATT keep CONTEXT of text messages and how much is the cost to retrive them?they were sent and recieved somewhere around 14-20 months ago. what is the process? Thx

Re: How long does att keep contents of texts/IM for court orders?

3 of 3 (16,871 Views)