Need help understanding your bill?
awade2's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, October 6th, 2012 4:03 PM

How do I change cell phone carriers from Verizon to AT&T with little or no penalties?

I am interested in disconnecting my cell phone service with Verizon because of continual hidden fees that are placed on my monthly bill. I have been with Verizon since 1993 and have grown tired of the ongoing problems. How can I start an account with AT&T?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

12 years ago

you can do it online or in an AT&T store (by porting your wireless number to AT&T), quickest way is in store though. you will want to confirm with Verizon that your contract is over or when it does end, make sure not to leave them till 2 days before the end of the billing cycle the contract is in just to be safe (you would avoid proration of bill and the ETF),

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Great advice Wilcre!

Awade2 - Here is some information about bringing your number over to AT&T. Please let us know if you have any other questions & welcome to AT&T! (http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/transferyournumber.html)

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

12 years ago

@wilcre wrote:
you can do it online or in an AT&T store (by porting your wireless number to AT&T), quickest way is in store though. you will want to confirm with Verizon that your contract is over or when it does end, make sure not to leave them till 2 days before the end of the billing cycle the contract is in just to be safe (you would avoid proration of bill and the ETF),

Gosh dang it you broke my code of silence. Smiley Mad  

Make sure it is the end of the billing cycle after the contract end date has been reached.  There is no bill proration on Verizon bills.  It will be billed to the end of the billing cycle.

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

12 years ago

Welcome to ATT.  Just know that you can't bring your phone over with you.  With only one or two exceptions, the two companies use incompatible technology.  While the iPhone 4s and greater will technically work on both networks, a Verizon iPhone is blocked from working on ATT.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.