Need help understanding your bill?
seanandcindy4550's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 12th, 2010 3:04 AM

Closed

How do I add my spouse to my account?

My husband recently started a new job that recieves a discount from at&t wireless, but the account is in my name.  Is it possible to add him so that we can recieve the discount?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

272 Messages

14 years ago

The account would need to be under his name to get the discount, simply adding him as an authorized user would not qualify for it.

To change the account in his name, you would have to perform a Transfer of Billing Responsibility by starting the process online from your mywireless account and it should provide all the info for the process.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

Thanks.  That's the solution. 

It's unfortunate that there is an $18.00 fee for each of the 4 lines, and a message that says I have to choose a different rate plan because we will no longer be eligable for the family talk plan.

I suppose we could wait until the contract expires and open a new account?  Then we would probably lose our numbers.....can't win.

Thanks again for the info.

Scholar

• 

272 Messages

14 years ago

If it is having you move all the lines individually it will ask for a new plan, however once they are all moved you can combine them back into a family plan, at this point you may need to call customer service to make sure it effective right away and not the next bill cycle.

For 4 lines at 18$ would be 72$, depending on your bill amount and the discount, it may start saving money after 5-6 months.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.