For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Dcookie's profile

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

Friday, September 2nd, 2011 2:36 PM

Closed

How can I get a name change on caller ID??

We have 3 lines on a Famliy plan. The account is in my husband's name. My name has already been changed to show on someone's caller ID, thanks to someone who worked for ATT that did it for me but no longer works there. Obviously, my husband's name is fine. 

My question is...how can I have the 3rd line changed to reflect my sister's name on someone's caller ID?? She asked the rep to change it when she bought her current phone, but obviously it was NOT done. Who do I need to contact?? CC or someone else?? 

TIA

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

Moved for better exposure

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Just curious to see if you ever got your name changed when you call someone who has Cox? I have been trying to get my name changed for over  2 years, and have had no luck. Since I purchased my phone over a couple of years ago, it has always had someone else's name come up on the caller id. At&t said that they keep fixing it on their end, and that they can't force other carriers to change it. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

These are the steps to take (as of Jan 1, 2016).

The current correct steps to change the name, email and mailing address etc for each user on each phone of the family plan are:

1. Log in to your AT&T account.

2. Mouse over the "myAT&T" tab (between "shop" and "Support"). DON'T click

3. Move mouse down to "Profile" on second level menu that gets displayed. DON'T click

4. Move mouse down to "Update My Profile". Now you can click on that.

5. You should see three tabs below "My Profile" page title, by default you should have come in on the "Account Information" tab. Make sure you are on your mobile phone account. There is an orange "Select" button to change if it is on your Uverse or some other account. Pick your mobile phone account. Once on correct account continue.

6. Click "User Information" tab

7. Should bring you to one of your family plan phone numbers. Scroll down the screen and make sure the "Primary User" name and email are correct and below that the "Place of primary use" is correct. If you need to make changes there is a separate "edit" button for each section. (Pain in the... right?). You can also add a picture and assign what kind of phone they have on this screen as well. Once/if you edit any of the info it does not bring you back to this screen, either back button a couple times until you get here or start back at #2 above.

8. Once back to the "User Information" tab, you can select (Orange button dropdown) another phone number on the family plan and go through the same gyrations to make sure that info is right.

9. Repeat the cycle until all numbers on the account have the correct info.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.