Need help understanding your bill?
Ahhargett's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, July 16th, 2016 7:30 PM

Has anyone else been denied for a credit to account for no service?

I was unable to call out or receive services for 4 days straight. I had to chat to speak with representatives since I couldn't dial out on my phone. I was told from every representative that I spoke with that I would be credited for the inconvenience. I was told to contact them once the issue is resolved so I could be credited for every day that I went without service. Today I spoke with a representative who then transferred me to her manager whose name is ebony smith that told me they will not credit my account because the tower was down and that is written in the contract I signed with them (I've been with AT&T since 2009, so I do not remember the contract verbatim). I vouch for this company and recommend this company, I complete the surveys after I speak with someone so that I can show the gratitude and appreciation for the service I received. Ebony smith laughed when I told her that I was told about the credit and was rude. When the call was transferred to her the phone rang at least 20x before she answered. And she wasn't pleasant. AT&T is more expensive than other companies but I stick with AT&T bc I felt it was worth it. I am certainly reconsidering. I was told my account would be credited, and I was lied to. This is just awful. I missed a job phone interview as well.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

8 years ago

We have been completed lied to as well. I had Verizon for 20 plus years and I switched 2 years ago and am regretting it. No one is accountable at att. They should back up what their employees promise customers.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Ahhargett

section 4.1.  https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-dead-exchanging-gunfire-baltimore-061302057.html?nhp=1

See the underlined "within our control" which would exclude storm damage.  What caused the outage??

image.jpeg

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Lpolmann

@Lpolmann wrote:
We have been completed lied to as well. I had Verizon for 20 plus years and I switched 2 years ago and am regretting it. No one is accountable at att. They should back up what their employees promise customers.

If an employee goes rouge and makes promises he or she had no right or authority to make no company is NOT required to honor it and is protected against such misrepresentations.  This is also why all prices are published for anyone to see.   

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

There wasn't a storm. I was told the tower was "down," and also "we are having issues with a tower."

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

I would also appreciate if you could Listen to the call bc the last two representatives told me AT&T no longer gives credits PERIOD! Smh which clearly isn't the case

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Try sending a private message with your information and location to @ATTMobilityCare

A storm was an example.  The wording is "beyond our control".  I don't know how they define that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

8 years ago

At least 2 or 3 times a representative spoke with someone in technical support and after speaking with them informed me that I would be credited. So that leads me to believe the issue was one that I should/could be refunded for. I am in the 27260 area.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.