Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 23, 2012
5:10:10 PM
Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

sorry i wasnt sure where to put this.. am i able to use google voice as voice mail.. i been getting many answers: yes if i port my number.. yes if i forward my number and then give out the google number instead of my att number.. yes but i dont need to do any of the above.

sorry i wasnt sure where to put this.. am i able to use google voice as voice mail.. i been getting many answers: yes if i port my number.. yes if i forward my number and then give out the google number instead of my att number.. yes but i dont need to do any of the above.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 23, 2012 9:59:18 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Nov 29, 2012 at 9:24:42 AM

Yes you can. Follow the setup instructions and your voicemails will forward to that instead of at&t. People can call you on the same number as normal

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 23, 2012 9:59:18 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTJulieCS on Nov 29, 2012 at 9:24:42 AM

Yes you can. Follow the setup instructions and your voicemails will forward to that instead of at&t. People can call you on the same number as normal

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (2,890 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2012 2:30:10 AM
(0)
Teacher
OK oh boy LOL I assume set up directions are you know proof? A friend said he'd help me Tuesday night but I don't wanna wait haha. Do you use it? Can believe I only got one reply. Thank you Smiley Wink
OK oh boy LOL I assume set up directions are you know proof? A friend said he'd help me Tuesday night but I don't wanna wait haha. Do you use it? Can believe I only got one reply. Thank you Smiley Wink

3 of 7 (2,878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2012 9:58:19 AM
(0)
Employee
I use it for visual voicemail and free unlimited texting. Do you have an android phone or something else
I use it for visual voicemail and free unlimited texting. Do you have an android phone or something else

4 of 7 (2,862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2012 10:36:25 AM
(0)
Teacher
I don't need the texting and don't wanna give out a new number. I just want visual voice mail yes I have Samsung infuse. New.
I don't need the texting and don't wanna give out a new number. I just want visual voice mail yes I have Samsung infuse. New.

5 of 7 (2,856 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 24, 2012 1:03:35 PM
(0)
Teacher

i'm sorry to ask but i cant find good detailed directions to set up GV.. every one i read says i need to forward calls .. but att said if i fwd calls my phone wont ring.. the line just gets forwarded.. i also dont want to have to give everyone a new number.. i have ironically googled for directions but can find any.. i'm kinda. you know with this so they need be clear and complete..

i'm sorry to ask but i cant find good detailed directions to set up GV.. every one i read says i need to forward calls .. but att said if i fwd calls my phone wont ring.. the line just gets forwarded.. i also dont want to have to give everyone a new number.. i have ironically googled for directions but can find any.. i'm kinda. you know with this so they need be clear and complete..

GV Directions needed was Re: Google Voice (Lite) Voice Mail

6 of 7 (2,847 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2012 2:42:33 AM
(0)
Employee
You only need to forward unanswered calls and the app sets it up for you
You only need to forward unanswered calls and the app sets it up for you

7 of 7 (2,834 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments