Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 11, 2013
8:59:14 AM
View profile
General Call forwarding questions
Edited by Shiznorak on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:06:23 AM

I had a few questions about call forwarding.

1. I have a company phone (an old old phone) and a personal phone (Galaxy s3).  I was wondering if I did call forwarding from the company phone to my personal phone whose plan will the minutes be deducted from?
  2. My second question is, what charges are involved for call forwarding if there is any.
  3. What voicemail (Business or Personal) will the call go to if I miss the call?
  4. If I had call forwarding activated and I recieve a phone call from the business phone to my personal phone and for some reason I have to go to the internet using my personal phone to check something during the call, whose data plan does that charge? (I know this last question is poorly written)

I think that sums up my questions.  I called the support line twice today (one time from my personal phone and one time from my company phone) and received conflicting answers.

P.S. We both have ATT

Thank you in advance for your help!

~Mike

edited: Added fourth question.

I had a few questions about call forwarding.

1. I have a company phone (an old old phone) and a personal phone (Galaxy s3).  I was wondering if I did call forwarding from the company phone to my personal phone whose plan will the minutes be deducted from?
  2. My second question is, what charges are involved for call forwarding if there is any.
  3. What voicemail (Business or Personal) will the call go to if I miss the call?
  4. If I had call forwarding activated and I recieve a phone call from the business phone to my personal phone and for some reason I have to go to the internet using my personal phone to check something during the call, whose data plan does that charge? (I know this last question is poorly written)

I think that sums up my questions.  I called the support line twice today (one time from my personal phone and one time from my company phone) and received conflicting answers.

P.S. We both have ATT

Thank you in advance for your help!

~Mike

edited: Added fourth question.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 11, 2013 9:30:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by kdfederer on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:32:07 AM

1. Since you are both AT&T, there are no charges for forwarding as the calls are mobile to mobile as long as both phones have mobile to mobile.
2. There are no charges for call forwarding.
3. it will go to your personal voicemail.
4. It will use the data plan of the phone used to access the data.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

General Call forwarding questions

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Jun 11, 2013 9:30:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by kdfederer on Jun 11, 2013 at 9:32:07 AM

1. Since you are both AT&T, there are no charges for forwarding as the calls are mobile to mobile as long as both phones have mobile to mobile.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: General Call forwarding questions

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (1,803 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 9:31:47 AM
(0)
Teacher
So for question 1. It will count as ATT mobile to mobile and neither account would be deducted minutes?
So for question 1. It will count as ATT mobile to mobile and neither account would be deducted minutes?

3 of 6 (1,799 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 9:33:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
That is correct. I have an AT&T cell phone that I use for my home phone that is forwarded to my cell phone if not answered. There are no charges of any kind and no minutes used besides the incoming minutes used to the originating phone.
That is correct. I have an AT&T cell phone that I use for my home phone that is forwarded to my cell phone if not answered. There are no charges of any kind and no minutes used besides the incoming minutes used to the originating phone.

4 of 6 (1,796 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2013 9:34:08 AM
(0)
Teacher
Thank you very much!
Thank you very much!

5 of 6 (1,792 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Nov 19, 2015 9:15:13 AM
(0)
Administrator

You can learn how to turn on Call Forwarding to send incoming calls to another phone number and turn off Call Forwarding to stop forwarding calls at: Turning Call Forwarding on and off.

You can learn how to turn on Call Forwarding to send incoming calls to another phone number and turn off Call Forwarding to stop forwarding calls at: Turning Call Forwarding on and off.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (177 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments