Need help understanding your bill?
kacollins's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 22nd, 2013 3:15 AM

Family Plan and Individual Plan under one account?

Hi!

I have a 2-line family plan and recently added my mom to make 3 lines on the plan.

It has become apparent that she needs unlimited minutes (versus the 850 minute family plan we currently have). Is it possible to split her off onto her own unlimited minute individual plan while still keeping my husband and me on the family plan we currently have under the same account?

We will still be paying for her wireless service, but don't need her to go through all of our allotted minutes on our family plan.

Is this something I could do in my online account or would I have to call in or visit a store? The last time I went in to a store (to add my mom), the person that helped me screwed up my account so I have reservations about going back and requesting assistance.

Advice?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

11 years ago

@kacollins wrote:

Hi!

I have a 2-line family plan and recently added my mom to make 3 lines on the plan.

It has become apparent that she needs unlimited minutes (versus the 850 minute family plan we currently have). Is it possible to split her off onto her own unlimited minute individual plan while still keeping my husband and me on the family plan we currently have under the same account?

We will still be paying for her wireless service, but don't need her to go through all of our allotted minutes on our family plan.

Is this something I could do in my online account or would I have to call in or visit a store? The last time I went in to a store (to add my mom), the person that helped me screwed up my account so I have reservations about going back and requesting assistance.

Advice?

Yes, you can have more the one group under the same account. I'm fixing to have to do this myself. Group 1 would be the family plan, and group 2, even though it is just a single line, would be the individual plan. You could eventually convert group 2 to a family plan or you could even have to individual plans under the same account. For sure you can add a second group online, but I recently explored the option of breaking a line off of a family plan and giving it it's own individual plan and couldn't find that option, so you may need to go into a store. I highly recommend only doing this in a corporate store, making sure you are dealing with a knowledgeable rep.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.