Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Feb 6, 2013
8:59:49 AM
View profile
ETF

When i signed up for at&t i knew i was agreeing to a two year contract and i did it because at the time i could afford it. II started off with an unlimited talk and text plan with a 4 gig mobile share data plan. That was a bit pricey when i got my first bill of $130. After about two months i realized that i needed to change my plan so that it could be cheaper, so i went with the 1 gig instead of 4. Well, my monthly bill is still kind of high. about $90.It's great service but I'm having a difficult time keeping up with all the necessary bills i need to pay as far as my car and insurance payment, as well as paying back some money i owe to a friend. My question is, if i call in to at&t and explain my story to them, what is my chance of not having to pay the ETF to cancel my services? I obviously can barely get through already at $90 a month i cannot afford to pay an ETF of keep going with this service. Please help.

When i signed up for at&t i knew i was agreeing to a two year contract and i did it because at the time i could afford it. II started off with an unlimited talk and text plan with a 4 gig mobile share data plan. That was a bit pricey when i got my first bill of $130. After about two months i realized that i needed to change my plan so that it could be cheaper, so i went with the 1 gig instead of 4. Well, my monthly bill is still kind of high. about $90.It's great service but I'm having a difficult time keeping up with all the necessary bills i need to pay as far as my car and insurance payment, as well as paying back some money i owe to a friend. My question is, if i call in to at&t and explain my story to them, what is my chance of not having to pay the ETF to cancel my services? I obviously can barely get through already at $90 a month i cannot afford to pay an ETF of keep going with this service. Please help.

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 11, 2013 1:14:41 PM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you for your post @Iralba3.  Check out TOBR for more information on transferring ownership of your account. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles. You can visit ETF for more information on the amount. 

Before cancelling, have you considered downgrading your plans even further to lower the monthly costs? 

Another option that may be available to you is a Reduced Rate Suspension.  All accounts are eligible for RRS, except for: 

• Accounts in Past Due status.
  • GoPhone/Prepaid accounts.
  • Individual subscribers with less than six months tenure.
  • Individual subscribers with the Mobile Insurance feature provisioned.
    • The Mobile Insurance feature must be removed to provision RRS; this feature can be reprovisioned when service is restored.
  • Individual subscribers on a Mobile Share plan
    • The line to be suspended must be moved from the Mobile Share plan and placed on an individual plan before provisioning RRS. 

RRS would  allow you to voluntarily suspend your wireless service on a temporary basis, up to six months, for $10 per line per month.

I hope these options help! 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

ETF

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2013 12:02:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
There is almost no way out of paying ETF. You signed the contract and you are obligated to it. Your only other recourse is to find someone to take over your contract.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
There is almost no way out of paying ETF. You signed the contract and you are obligated to it. Your only other recourse is to find someone to take over your contract.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: ETF

2 of 4 (6,444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2013 8:18:52 AM
(0)
Guru
You will still save money if you pay the ETF, over paying $90 a month till the end of the contract.
You will still save money if you pay the ETF, over paying $90 a month till the end of the contract.

3 of 4 (6,404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Feb 11, 2013 1:14:41 PM
(0)
Community Support

Thank you for your post @Iralba3.  Check out TOBR for more information on transferring ownership of your account. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles. You can visit ETF for more information on the amount. 

Before cancelling, have you considered downgrading your plans even further to lower the monthly costs? 

Another option that may be available to you is a Reduced Rate Suspension.  All accounts are eligible for RRS, except for: 

• The Mobile Insurance feature must be removed to provision RRS; this feature can be reprovisioned when service is restored.
    • The line to be suspended must be moved from the Mobile Share plan and placed on an individual plan before provisioning RRS. 

RRS would  allow you to voluntarily suspend your wireless service on a temporary basis, up to six months, for $10 per line per month.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (6,317 Views)
Solution