Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 14, 2012
9:17:06 PM
View profile
Does upgrading ONE line commit every line to another 2-years?
Edited by candleStopper on Apr 14, 2012 at 9:30:59 PM

The account I am on is a small business (premier) account. It is also a family business. A couple of lines have used the option to upgrade. Does this commit every phone line on the account to a new contract?

The account I am on is a small business (premier) account. It is also a family business. A couple of lines have used the option to upgrade. Does this commit every phone line on the account to a new contract?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 14, 2012 11:14:44 PM
(0)
Employee
Nope. Each is separate
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Does upgrading ONE line commit every line to another 2-years?

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 14, 2012 11:14:44 PM
(0)
Employee
Nope. Each is separate
Nope. Each is separate
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Does upgrading ONE line commit every line to another 2-years?

2 of 6 (840 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 5:39:36 AM
(0)
Contributor

You have no idea how happy that makes me. Now for one other question, can I transfer my old number to another carrier if I decide not to re-commit? If so, how do I do that? Will ATT make it a hassle? I have seen a few different howto's on transferring phone numbers but they all differ. I'm not sure if they are really reliable. If I call ATT will they help me through the process of at least releasing the phone number?

You have no idea how happy that makes me. Now for one other question, can I transfer my old number to another carrier if I decide not to re-commit? If so, how do I do that? Will ATT make it a hassle? I have seen a few different howto's on transferring phone numbers but they all differ. I'm not sure if they are really reliable. If I call ATT will they help me through the process of at least releasing the phone number?

3 of 6 (830 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2012 2:19:34 PM
(0)
Master

candleStopper wrote:

If you want to take an old number to a new carrier, the new carrier will initiate the transfer.  If your line on ATT is not under contract, the account will be closed and life goes on.  If your number on ATT is under contract, your line will be cancelled and they will charge you the appropriate ETF.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

candleStopper wrote:

If you want to take an old number to a new carrier, the new carrier will initiate the transfer.  If your line on ATT is not under contract, the account will be closed and life goes on.  If your number on ATT is under contract, your line will be cancelled and they will charge you the appropriate ETF.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

4 of 6 (812 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2012 4:36:47 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by candleStopper on Apr 16, 2012 at 4:38:13 AM

youngjm wrote:
... If your number on ATT is under contract, your line will be cancelled and they will charge you the appropriate ETF.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

youngjm wrote:
... If your number on ATT is under contract, your line will be cancelled and they will charge you the appropriate ETF.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (795 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2012 4:52:53 PM
(0)
Teacher
I'm pretty sure each line has a separate contract but I would contact customer care to confirm that info or review contract terms.
I'm pretty sure each line has a separate contract but I would contact customer care to confirm that info or review contract terms.

6 of 6 (780 Views)