Need help understanding your bill?
kookookachoo's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 22nd, 2011 3:48 AM

Does the AT&T phone statement show which numbers you've texted to and recieved texts from?

if i look at my AT&T statement and i am the holder, can i find out who/what numbers i have been texting and/or recieving texts from?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

326 Messages

13 years ago

Unless you have Detailed Billing set up on your paper bill, this can not be done in the statement they mail. However, you can always view the Full Bill through your MyWireless Account, which will show every number which you sent a text to, or received a text from.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

thank you very much for your help.

is it possible to erase the texting history? (i have a sneaking suspicion thta my son has done so :/)

Guru

• 

475 Messages

13 years ago

No, he could not delete anything from the OLAM.

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

Everyone's right, no one can erase any text message activity from the billing cycle. Additionally, your son cant even access the online account to view his activity if you are the primary account holder and you have passworded the account and your son doesnt know the password.

Regarding sneaky texting activity, check out this forum discussion. I didnt know you could install an app on someone's phone and have his/her text message activity blind-copied to your phone. The thing is, you'd want to install the app without his knowing. 

I am not sure how the app is 'hidden' on the phone or if it runs on the back end so he will not notice something is going on.

When you check out the string, give this 'Jii' guy a kudo

http://forums.att.com/t5/Messaging/could-i-see-me-sent-and-received-pics-and-text-online/m-p/2792943#M42380

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

There are some phone numbers that I text and receive texts from that are not showing up on statement.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Kruzrt66 wrote:
There are some phone numbers that I text and receive texts from that are not showing up on statement.

If they are from a Iphone to Iphone use of Imessage they won't Imessage uses data and not standard sms texting

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

All the other iPhones do. How do you set up iMessage or remove it. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@Kruzrt66 wrote:

All the other iPhones do. How do you set up iMessage or remove it. 

Any imessage that goes out to another imessage equiped iphone does not show up in any log that I can find from my att, verizon or sprint accounts. If it is used to text a non-apple phone the number will show up on all 3 carriers. You cannot remove imessage it is the built in texting but I think you can turn it off and it will be forced to send sms

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Some people I text do have iMessage and it shows on my statement but some do not.  Why is this?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Three months ago (March 2013), I changed my phone number using online feature on AT&T’s site. Since then, I can no longer send email to txt. I contacted support and have done everything there is to troubleshoot. Since I have iPhone, I also took it to Apple but hours of troubleshooting they suggested I work with AT&T. I tried swapping simcard card with another AT&T user and was able to duplicate the problem- the other person was able to receive e-mail to text on my phone (with his sim card), however, I was unable to receive text simcard in his phone. On numerous occasions, support referred me to the http://mymessages.wireless.att.com/ to register, but when going through the application process, it says it will send me a registration to complete….but I never receive the registration number. I am under the assumption that the registration is send using the e-mail to txt feature which isn’t working on my phone.

Both Apple support and AT&T’s Tier One support have confirmed that I have a problem with my account, but can’t seem to find a solution or get someone at a higher level to assist. Can anyone PLEASE provide me some guidance on what I should do next?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.