Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 7, 2011
11:55:52 AM
Does Enterprise unlimited plan $45 include mobile hotspot
Edited by d4rankings on Oct 7, 2011 at 12:00:55 PM

I want to keep my unlimited data plan.  Can I still do that and get a mobile hotspot?  I was told no under the $30 plan, and the sales associative couldn't speak for the enterprise plans. 

I want to keep my unlimited data plan.  Can I still do that and get a mobile hotspot?  I was told no under the $30 plan, and the sales associative couldn't speak for the enterprise plans. 

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 10, 2011 5:21:06 AM
(0)
Guru

The major difference between the $30 & $45 unlimited plans is that the Enterprise Plan includes support for advanced functionality, like VPN, that the Personal Plan does not. As others have stated, it doesn't include hotspot functionality.

Accepted Solution

Does Enterprise unlimited plan $45 include mobile hotspot

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 3:01:25 PM
(0)
Professor
Did you get the "no' answer from a local sales associate? Call the 800 and see? Im not sure but i thought the only way you keep an unlimited data plan is if you upgrade from smartphone to smartphone.

are saying you are switching from a smartphone to a hotspot device? Or are you just adding such to your plan? Youd' think just buying an additional device shouldnt effect your unlimited plan on your phone "but" the new line or new "device" may not be piggybacked under your grandfathered unlimited plan/device....
Did you get the "no' answer from a local sales associate? Call the 800 and see? Im not sure but i thought the only way you keep an unlimited data plan is if you upgrade from smartphone to smartphone.

are saying you are switching from a smartphone to a hotspot device? Or are you just adding such to your plan? Youd' think just buying an additional device shouldnt effect your unlimited plan on your phone "but" the new line or new "device" may not be piggybacked under your grandfathered unlimited plan/device....
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

Re: Does Enterprise unlimited plan $45 include mobile hotspot

2 of 6 (6,274 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 6:07:41 PM
(0)
Tutor

No I was hoping to make my Iphone 4S a mobile hotspot.  I don't think I can do that unless I drop my unlimited data plan. 

No I was hoping to make my Iphone 4S a mobile hotspot.  I don't think I can do that unless I drop my unlimited data plan. 

3 of 6 (6,265 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 7:14:29 PM
(0)
Employee

can't tether with an unlimited plan, you would need the $60 4GB enterprise or $45 4GB personal data plan

can't tether with an unlimited plan, you would need the $60 4GB enterprise or $45 4GB personal data plan

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (6,260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 9, 2011 6:50:37 PM
(0)
Employee
Yup. Tethering is not allowed on an unlimited data plan. You would need to change to a tethering data plan and would then lose the unlimited data plan.
Yup. Tethering is not allowed on an unlimited data plan. You would need to change to a tethering data plan and would then lose the unlimited data plan.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (6,230 Views)
Solution
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 10, 2011 5:21:06 AM
(0)
Guru

The major difference between the $30 & $45 unlimited plans is that the Enterprise Plan includes support for advanced functionality, like VPN, that the Personal Plan does not. As others have stated, it doesn't include hotspot functionality.

6 of 6 (6,218 Views)
Solution