Need help understanding your bill?
d4rankings's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, October 7th, 2011 6:55 PM

Does Enterprise unlimited plan $45 include mobile hotspot

I want to keep my unlimited data plan.  Can I still do that and get a mobile hotspot?  I was told no under the $30 plan, and the sales associative couldn't speak for the enterprise plans. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

372 Messages

13 years ago

Yup. Tethering is not allowed on an unlimited data plan. You would need to change to a tethering data plan and would then lose the unlimited data plan.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

682 Messages

13 years ago

The major difference between the $30 & $45 unlimited plans is that the Enterprise Plan includes support for advanced functionality, like VPN, that the Personal Plan does not. As others have stated, it doesn't include hotspot functionality.

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

13 years ago

Did you get the "no' answer from a local sales associate? Call the 800 and see? Im not sure but i thought the only way you keep an unlimited data plan is if you upgrade from smartphone to smartphone.

are saying you are switching from a smartphone to a hotspot device? Or are you just adding such to your plan? Youd' think just buying an additional device shouldnt effect your unlimited plan on your phone "but" the new line or new "device" may not be piggybacked under your grandfathered unlimited plan/device....

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

13 years ago

No I was hoping to make my Iphone 4S a mobile hotspot.  I don't think I can do that unless I drop my unlimited data plan. 

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

13 years ago

can't tether with an unlimited plan, you would need the $60 4GB enterprise or $45 4GB personal data plan

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.