Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 30, 2013
12:44:58 PM
View profile
Does AT&T offer cosigned contracts for 17 year olds?
I'm 17 years old and I'm wanting to purchase my own phone, and the cheapest way is with a contract. I know with AT&T you have to be 18 to have an individual contract, but can you cosign with a parent or guardian? If so, what is the procedure for that, and what is required of the parent/guardian to give, such as information or responsibilities? I'm just trying to save money without getting a prepaid phone. I'm wanting a better one than I have. There's a plan AT&T has that I want and sticking to a contract for two years will be easy.
I'm 17 years old and I'm wanting to purchase my own phone, and the cheapest way is with a contract. I know with AT&T you have to be 18 to have an individual contract, but can you cosign with a parent or guardian? If so, what is the procedure for that, and what is required of the parent/guardian to give, such as information or responsibilities? I'm just trying to save money without getting a prepaid phone. I'm wanting a better one than I have. There's a plan AT&T has that I want and sticking to a contract for two years will be easy.
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 30, 2013 9:27:59 PM
(0)
Employee
No, the account would be in over 18 name, they may set up the account that you pay for,but would be their account to control.
If desire for own personnel would need to wait for next birthday.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Does AT&T offer cosigned contracts for 17 year olds?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 30, 2013 9:27:59 PM
(0)
Employee
No, the account would be in over 18 name, they may set up the account that you pay for,but would be their account to control.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Does AT&T offer cosigned contracts for 17 year olds?

2 of 3 (6,311 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 12:54:58 AM
(0)
Employee
See if your parents will put it in their name, or another person 18 or over, until you're 18...then you can do a TOBR (Transfer Of Billing Responsibility) to your name after your birthday.
See if your parents will put it in their name, or another person 18 or over, until you're 18...then you can do a TOBR (Transfer Of Billing Responsibility) to your name after your birthday.

Re: Does AT&T offer cosigned contracts for 17 year olds?

3 of 3 (6,204 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments