For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
papabare44's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, September 8th, 2014 3:54 AM

Does AT&T buy out contracts?

Does at&t buy out contracts?

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @papabare44 

AT&T doesn't buy out contracts, but you can always trade in your old phone (Check the value here) and right now there is a promotion for $100 bill credit for every new AT&T "Next" phone purchase.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I currently have sprint but I wanna join at&t.so what do I have to do?

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

Well, a phone trade-in is worth less than diddle and doo vs. the cost of a contract, though. So, it looks like AT&T will LOSE OUT on getting FOUR lines (my wife and her daughters) until their contracts expire with their current carrier. Too bad for AT&T, losing out on four lines, not just one.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

8 years ago

Hi @bryanmaloney

Thank you for posting! My previous reply in this thread is outdated. At this time AT&T will cover up to $650 per line to switch from another carrier when you trade in your current smartphone and buy a new one with AT&T Next program.

More information is available here

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Can I switched from t mobile to at&t with my same phone

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

8 years ago

@warrenmiller If your T-Mobile phone is unlocked, yes it should work on ATT. Depending on the phone, it might not be fully compatible (for example, it might not be able to use all LTE frequencies ATT uses) but it will work. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

@warrenmiller. Just because of the thread title I have to add the switch offer is a break even only if you turn in the phone.  You are MUCH better off keeping your phone and using it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.