Need help understanding your bill?
Jefejose's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 16th, 2016 3:07 PM

Data overages

Received at 9:54 on 10/16/2016

AT&T Free Msg: 75% of the add'l 1GB of shared data added to your plan this billing period has been used. If you exceed this 1GB, we'll add another shared 1GB for $15 to your plan for use through 10/15/2016. Avoid add'l data charges by using Wi-Fi. Visit att.com/changemydata to view your data use or change your plan.

I have a 30 GB plan and still have over 29.5 left. This should have been rolled over into this month not still be telling me I have used 75%.

Professor

• 

1.1K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Jefejose,

You should be fine. The message was probably queued up last night. I know AT&T doesn't send me texts after a certain time and waits until the next morning. That's probably what happened to you. But in this case, the message is just no longer necessary.

You can view your usage by dialing *3282# on your dialer and you'll receive a text with your info which should indicate your rollover.

You can also use the myAT&T app to view it. You can also turn off the 75% alert if it's within 5 days of the end of your bill cycle by opening the right hand menu and going to Profile->Communication Preferences->Data usage alerts in the app. You can also pick which lines receive data alerts on this page. Up to 5 phones can receive the messages.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

I gather your bill cycle renewed and you are starting your new month with a half gig already used. 

Rollover only rolls over your plan data, the remainder of the 30 gig plan (which you don't have). 

The overage charges are supposed to encourage us to stick to our allowance.  Overage data does not roll over.

If your devices include android, you can set data warnings and limits in settings on each device.  

Please note there is a delay in data reporting of several hours.  So set those limited UNDER your actual allowance.  

Data use is reported when an app is closed or activity ceases on a device.  Like trying to measuring water in a cup while still filling?  Difficult.  "Measurements" are done when the flow stops.  This happens when apps are purposely closed, a phone connects to wifi or is turned off.  This means a lot of data is reported overnight, when we are home on wifi or the phone is off.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.