Need help understanding your bill?
dagerth138's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 9:40 PM

Customer Service is worse than Comcast

I thought Comcast's customer service was terrible, nothing compared to AT&T.  I have been a customer for about a year now with a Galaxy S4.  My phone worked perfectly fine for the first 6 months then all of a sudden I would randomly lose all function of the 4G network. Meaning I could not make outbound calls nor receive inbound calls, I could not browse the web, nothing that involved the use of the mobile network.  I work from home and my job revolves around being on my phone and on conference calls so for this to continue to happen is inconvenient to say the least.  It happens at random and I don't know it has happened until I try to make a phone call.  Now, I have been more than patient with you guys and I have gone through every troubleshooting possibility and I am still having this issue. Everything that was asked of me I did and I was patient but now my patience is gone. I have changed the SIM card, I have even had my phone replaced, and yet all technical support tells me is that I have to reboot my phone every time it happens.  This is extremely unacceptable.  I should NOT have to do this, I have never had to reboot my phone every day in the 10 years I was with Verizon, nor has my wife had to do this and she has been with AT&T for 15 years.  So for your employees to tell me I have to reboot my phone every day is beyond ridiculous.  Now that the background has been set, my latest dealings with your employees has been less than satisfactory and that is putting it lightly. The same problem happened to me while I was at the store today 4/22/14 around 2:18pm; I lost all use of the mobile network.  This was a shame because the last tech support rep that helped me, Jonathon (empID [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]), was extremely helpful and courteous and had assured me that he had corrected the problem.  I called once again today 4/22/14 around 3pm and spoke to a rep by the name Heather  and I gave her the same background I have given every single rep I have spoken to, which I have lost count of at this point.  She proceeded to tell me that after reviewing my history that I just need to reboot my phone once a day.  She said there was nothing else to do and that it is probably and issue with an app and that I should just reboot my phone when the problem occurs.  I explained to her that her response was unacceptable because I pay AT&T money to provide ME a service and I should not have to do this, it's not my job to have to reboot my phone.  She proceeded to feed me some garbage that you have to powercycle your phone every day because it keeps it working properly. As previously stated, in my previous 10 years with Verizon I never had to do this and my wife (who has had AT&T for 15 years) does not have to do this either.  I told her that since AT&T is not providing me with the service I am paying for I would like a credit on my account and if she did not have the authority to do so to transfer me to a manager or someone who does have the authorization.  She put me on hold and when she came back she stated she spoke to her manager and the manager said that there will be no more credits to my account. I ask to speak to the manager and she transferred me to a manager who only identified herself as Mary. She confirmed that Heather had explained the situation to her and I asked her that since AT&T is not providing me with the service I pay for that I should receive a credit. I told her that Heather had said that she said I will not be getting anymore credits to my account. She said that AT&T is providing me with service and that the problem is not an AT&T problem.  When I asked to speak to her superior she became extremely rude and told me that she was as high as it went in the tech support center and that there was no one left for me to talk to. She said she was going to notate in my account that no further credits ever be given. I asked her to whom she reports to and she just began to speak over my voice loudly as I repeated my question of who does she report to. After she continuously spoke over me, after about the 3rd time I asked the question she told me have a nice day and hung up on me.  That is extremely unacceptable behavior for someone in a management position, especially in the area of tech support where they are supposed to "help" customers.  This manager apparently feels she is the end all be all of all things tech support and will not have her judgment questioned.  This just speaks volumes of the level of professionalism and the level of customer care that AT&T teaches their employees.  [Edited to comply with Guidelines]I'm sure AT&T has violated the terms of the contract by not providing adequate service and will be switching providers as soon as possible. It's apparent that AT&T could care less so I know I will not be missed as a customer.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, dagerth138!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experiences. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

9 years ago

dagerth138-

Please let us know if you get a resolution to your problem.  I'm having a simlar experience with AT&T customer service and have decided to go with another carrier.  I have just found this community board today and am amazed at all the customer complaints I'm seeing.  It's obvious that AT&T's customer service has really taken a turn for the worse. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

IT'S OFFICIAL!  AT&T service is way worse than COMCAST.  Never thought I would have to say that.  Just logged a repair call on 21Dec18 and was told it may be 27Dec18 before fixed.  Also, it took me 30 min. to log the repair order.  Not even Comcast service it this crappy.  And AT&T wonders why I have not moved my internet service to them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.