Need help understanding your bill?
t8078rp's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 22nd, 2014 1:52 AM

Customer Complaint

I bought this Go Phone to replace a old one had for 4-5 years. I wanted to transfer my SIM card from old phone to my new Galaxy Express phone and have voice, text and wireless just like I did with at&t fusion 2 go phone. I checked with AT&T before I purchase the phone and they told me the only problem I would have is the Galaxy has a new micro SIM card. No worries, just take your phone to a AT&T store and they will swap the SIM card for no charge and I should be all set. I would have my same plan with no changes.

When I got to the store they told me this was a smart phone and I needed to buy a data plan. I verified that I would not have to do this at least 2 before buying phone. After several on chats and in the store for 2 hours I walked out of the store with 3 lines, unlimited voice, text and 10gb data for $135. I did not want data but I was willing to try it month to month because I own the phones and have no contract. If I found I could find the plan I was looking for I could switch providers. To do this I need my phone unlocked. AT&T is now telling me they will not allow me to unlock it for 6 months.  After one day the phone appears to be very nice but AT&T is terrible and is trying to keep a long time customer hostage just because I am looking for the best price. If this does not get resolved I plan on unlocking the phone myself and taking it to Tmobile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I recently had to extend my payment 3 times with reason of being out of a job. No fault of AT&T. This last extension was for today because you wouldn't go any further and I don't get my 1st paycheck until May 11th which is automatically deposited. I spoke with someone yesterday the 30th. I explained to them that my friend could pay $300 towards the $595 past due amount. The person said there was a good possibility that I would be able to extend the $295 until the 11th. My friend payed it today and on a recorded line of yours, the person said that I would be extended on the difference until the 11th. Now, two different people have told me that it will cut off on either the 1st or the 3rd. I know it is my fault but I have been a loyal customer for 8 years. I hate to go somewhere else but I guess I will have to. It sure would be nice if you could give my friend back her $300 that she needs herself.

Amy Watson

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

@Awatson

so your service will be suspended, that doesn't mean "you have to go somewhere else".  It does mean you will have a few days without service.

1.   your bad credit due to an unpaid ATT bill will make getting service and a phone difficult and expensive.

2.   Once you scrape the money up, you can pay up the total due to ATT and get your service running again.  

3.   You are never going to get a refund of money that was owed.

Meanwhile, just how are you under such a big bill?  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hi. I have been a wireless customer since 2006, I subscribed to the bundle deal of allowing Direct Tv to be my cable subscriber since I have At&t wireless..however the bundle was sign up for direct tv and receive a Samsung TV...we signed up in April 2016 & to date we have not received our Samsung TV...we've contacted At&t, Direct Tv & Samsung an has not received any results to date an its now October 2016...Can you assist me in obtaing the Samsung TV that was promised because we currently still have Direct TV? Please & Thank You In Advance

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I went into the AT&T store last evening (approx 6:15) at the Newport shoppping center in Jersey City which is conveniently located just  hop, skip, &  a jump from my home. I was in need of a new phone and have been shopping around for the best phone at the best price.  I walked into the AT&T store and browsed for about 15 minutes where not one associate  acknowledged me.  The employees were all huddled near the entrance chatting and getting paid to do everyhting but service their customers.  I came across a motorola phone that I fell in love with.  I played with it for a spell and noticed that  African American customers had walked into the store and they were serviced  immediately.  I had then noticed not one but two emp[loyees look directly at me and still not one walked over to see if I had any questions, or if I wish to make a purchase.  Again, another customer walked in and he was servied immediately (he too was African American).  The staff was African American and I am white.  Well, I know when my busniess is not wanted and I walked out, went a few doors down and walked into T-Mobile and the second I walked into the door I was greeted by a sales associate (who coincidently was African American.  He listened to what I was looking for made some suggestions and  10-15 minutes later made a sale. I had purchased the new Samsung 7 with all the bells and whistles.   I even switched from Sprint to T-Mobile as my cellular provider.    I am the nicest person with only one prejudice, I am prejudice against those who are prejudice.  And it was that clear to me that i was not service because I am white.  I will never shop AT&T EVER! 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

At&T except my apologies.  For I made an error.  It was in fact Verizon NOT AT&T where I had this bad experience.. Please take down my above mentioned comments.  With my deepest apologies..  

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

7 years ago

Maybe I will take my 11 lines to Tmobile,

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

How do i male a Complaint? I spent 12s in the phone for double billing but each dept blamed the other. I was transferred so many times I made full circles. Then o enters chat for another 2 hrs. So I'm still paying for both bulls of the exact same thing. This company has forgotten the individual and cares about only the masses. I even have transcripts where I was transferred on chat over 5 times . Without any warning. From 9 am til 12 am. This is unacceptable what's the email . I will never recommend this company to anyone ever again. Ive been with them for 8yrs and I am as important as ...no one. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@elasmitch   You will not get a reply on a 3 year old thread.  Read the reply and where to message on the thread you started.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have been searching for the link to at&t customer care.  Please send it to me.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

what is the at&t customer care link

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.