Need help understanding your bill?
t8078rp's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, February 22nd, 2014 1:52 AM

Customer Complaint

I bought this Go Phone to replace a old one had for 4-5 years. I wanted to transfer my SIM card from old phone to my new Galaxy Express phone and have voice, text and wireless just like I did with at&t fusion 2 go phone. I checked with AT&T before I purchase the phone and they told me the only problem I would have is the Galaxy has a new micro SIM card. No worries, just take your phone to a AT&T store and they will swap the SIM card for no charge and I should be all set. I would have my same plan with no changes.

When I got to the store they told me this was a smart phone and I needed to buy a data plan. I verified that I would not have to do this at least 2 before buying phone. After several on chats and in the store for 2 hours I walked out of the store with 3 lines, unlimited voice, text and 10gb data for $135. I did not want data but I was willing to try it month to month because I own the phones and have no contract. If I found I could find the plan I was looking for I could switch providers. To do this I need my phone unlocked. AT&T is now telling me they will not allow me to unlock it for 6 months.  After one day the phone appears to be very nice but AT&T is terrible and is trying to keep a long time customer hostage just because I am looking for the best price. If this does not get resolved I plan on unlocking the phone myself and taking it to Tmobile

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@t8078rp wrote:

I bought this Go Phone to replace a old one had for 4-5 years. I wanted to transfer my SIM card from old phone to my new Galaxy Express phone and have voice, text and wireless just like I did with at&t fusion 2 go phone. I checked with AT&T before I purchase the phone and they told me the only problem I would have is the Galaxy has a new micro SIM card. No worries, just take your phone to a AT&T store and they will swap the SIM card for no charge and I should be all set. I would have my same plan with no changes.

When I got to the store they told me this was a smart phone and I needed to buy a data plan. I verified that I would not have to do this at least 2 before buying phone. After several on chats and in the store for 2 hours I walked out of the store with 3 lines, unlimited voice, text and 10gb data for $135. I did not want data but I was willing to try it month to month because I own the phones and have no contract. If I found I could find the plan I was looking for I could switch providers. To do this I need my phone unlocked. AT&T is now telling me they will not allow me to unlock it for 6 months.  After one day the phone appears to be very nice but AT&T is terrible and is trying to keep a long time customer hostage just because I am looking for the best price. If this does not get resolved I plan on unlocking the phone myself and taking it to Tmobile

you can get a go-phone plan for a smartphone for 60.00 a month with data, a smartphone on a gophone plan does not require a data plan.  Data is required for a smartphone on a post-paid agreement, no getting around it.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/plans/prepaidplans.html

If you paid full retail price for the phone you can submit a unlock request here, if you subsidized the phone or got it though the Next plan the phone will not be unlocked until the phone is either paid off of the 2 year agreement for the subsidized price is complete. Suspect you went to a authorized retailer. Be cautious on unlocking your phone your self, as of 01/01/2013 it is illegal in the US to get a hpone unlocked by anybody but the selling carrier, most of the "unlock" sites are out of the US and there is no promise that they will stay unlocked

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@t8078rp wrote:

Did you read the full post? I went to the link to unlock the phone that I paid full price at amazon for. $211 instead of $250 to $ 300 at AT&T. Now they say it does not qualify to be unlocked. There is nothing on the page that applies that would disqualify me. I have just ordered another phone that will come unlocked for $211. If this is not resolved by the time it arrives guess what?

Have you met this requirement?

"Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment: Account has been active for at least sixty days and is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T)."

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Did you read the full post? I went to the link to unlock the phone that I paid full price at amazon for. $211 instead of $250 to $ 300 at AT&T. Now they say it does not qualify to be unlocked. There is nothing on the page that applies that would disqualify me. I have just ordered another phone that will come unlocked for $211. If this is not resolved by the time it arrives guess what?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have no complaint just the opposite thanks to a customer service representative from the Oklahoma City office named Charise S. Best to recognize her, team members like her are hard to find.

Tony

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate it!

Dmitriy

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

How do you get in contact with some at At&T. My only option in the 1-800 Call- ME a looser for switching to AT&T. I can never get anyone except for the philipino dudes who laughI caen not contact anyone in customer service or the corporate office. Its possible they are on vacation in the Phillipines or some far off resort hiding from customers who fell for the " Oh we really want your business and we really are good at telling are customers this crap " and " After you become a customer we make your your satisified with the service from our foriegn partners even though they really could care less if your remain a satisfied customer" " You see once you make the switch you will never ever be able to find us again untill you need some new service or upgrade"

[Inappropriate content removed]

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

10 years ago

@johnmart0169 wrote:

How do you get in contact with some at At&T. My only option in the 1-800 Call- ME a looser for switching to AT&T. I can never get anyone except for the philipino dudes who laughI caen not contact anyone in customer service or the corporate office. Its possible they are on vacation in the Phillipines or some far off resort hiding from customers who fell for the " Oh we really want your business and we really are good at telling are customers this crap " and " After you become a customer we make your your satisified with the service from our foriegn partners even though they really could care less if your remain a satisfied customer" " You see once you make the switch you will never ever be able to find us again untill you need some new service or upgrade"

What problem are you having? There are lots of people here who are willing to help!

If it's account specific, you should send a private message to AT&T customer care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Yesterday I accompanied my sis to pick up her new iPhone at AT&T store located on Maclene, VA. She placed an order for 1.5 month. This is 3rd time after we check the order status saying the phone was shipped since nov 17, but AT&T staff told us 1st and 2nd times that the phone had not arrived yet pls come back next week. So yesterday I came back there for 3rd time but she still gave us the same answer, I asked if she could cancel the order, she said no because the phone was on the way to the store. I thought she could just get a new phone instancely at apple store instead otherwise. But yr staff also said at apple store she could not get the phone at upgrading price, she kept insisting we should come back again next week, the phone should arrive! We are so upset till we want to cancle the phone and service we are using with ATT but I did try to be patient. I asked where was the phone now because based on tracking order it was shipped since Nov 17, it was 2 weeks ago. I was wondering why it tooks long time because the phone already in VA and shipped by UPS, that everybody knows UPS are fast for shipping. So!!!!! Yr staff realized that it's true the phone should arrive at the store already. She got back to back office and came back to tell us, yes, the phone was here someone would bring it to you in a few minute. We all got so frustrated. I asked her if I didn't ask this kind of questions next week she will ask us to come back again after next week right???? She said but the tracking showed it shipped on her iPad what she was holding. I didn't care abt yr email notification of order status the yr staffs asking if my sis got it. We DiD check the status before going to the store. Later she asked her coworker to deal with our frustration and also the store manager stopped by and just saying apology. How abt the time we wasted to visiting the unhelpful customer service. We pay for the phone and service!!!!!

Everytime I go to AT&T stores the experiences are so bad, yr staffs are not attentive to customers at all not helpful just look like indifferent they don't express their willingness to fix the problems.

@MicCheck wrote:

@johnmart0169 wrote:

What problem are you having? There are lots of people here who are willing to help!

If it's account specific, you should send a private message to AT&T customer care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I got the exact response to my problem, which is they just dont care.  I can never get anyone except for the foreign girl who laughed at my problem. No matter what I say, she laughs. I cant get anyone in customer service or in the corporate office. When I reached 475.00 credits/minutes/money (HowEVER they want to word it) They cut off my phone without telling me there was an issue, took away my saved minutes/credit/money (whatever) started me over with ZERO and had no idea why my automatic payment wasnt collected. When I pressed this issue, then they said we have no idea when your due date is. WHAT? After collecting from my credit card for 15 years they suddenly have amnesia? Im furious!!! Then they said they will have to leave my phone off until they find the problem? I dont think so. After 30 minutes are arguing with her, she HUNG UP ON ME. You cant imagine how ticked I am. Now, triple that.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

It meant something when a "promise to deliver" was given. On hold/on line now for 2 hr 10 minutes with the premire dept, wating on a manager to determine why my order has not processed.  While my frustration is with the many follow up calls I have  hadto make,  each time a representative I spoke with they  lied about the call ( I asked them to read the previous notes) stating that I just called to check status.  Informed them that was not true, transferred me to what they stated was a manager "Ann Wing" turns out she is a "supervisor" and the only thing she put in the notes was that I was just following up.  Not that the order number *** had not shipped on the date promised.  Supervisor provided with another ticket number ***, that only stated that it was for a supervisor to look into the problem, nothing about our discussion that she would be contacting the warehouse on the problem of why it stated "waiting to ship", dates changed from the orginal date of 9/18/2015 and now to today.  While speaking with "Manager Miranda"and she was going to esculate the ticket *** to the warehouse so that I would have the product my Friday, she recieved an error message that would not let her process the order.  Manager Miranda is sending over a ticket to the IT department which will take up to 24-72 hours to respond, so now we know the product will not be overnighted on Friday as she tried to promise.  I truly don't understand the lack of committment to your customers, does no one monitor the bucket of orders that are sitting out is space and did not flow,  but your committment is rentless when it comes to disconnecting a customer for non payment. m SAD SAD FACE.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.