Need help understanding your bill?
HYEE's profile

Teacher

• 

47 Messages

Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 6:01 AM

Corporate Discount

I signed up for ATT and placed my order on Friday.  Today I find out that my mother's company has corporate discount for ATT members.  I read that the discounts include credit for new service and activation, but it has to be done by ordering through the Premier Portal.  Also, there are discounts on the monthly bill.  How do I apply the credit and the monthly discount?

I tried registering on the ATT site, but my number is not in the system yet.  I had placed in my order to move my current number from another carrier.  I think that since the number is not moved over yet until I activate my phone, the system will not let me register on the site.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks.

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

12 years ago

I was going to use the discount but wanted less cogs as possible in my unlimited account,...the fewer wheels to adjust, the fewer "things to break" and possibly swiping away my unlimited.....then getting told "cant fix or bring it back". So im content without my corp discount......for now....

Employee

• 

372 Messages

12 years ago

Make sure that the account is in your mothers name. If the account is in your name, you will not be eligible for discounts offered by your mom's place of employment.

Employee

• 

372 Messages

12 years ago

@Rico, any discounts applied to your unlimited plan would be moot. Unlimited plans are not eligible for additional discounts as they are already discounted by being unlimited. 🙂

Professor

• 

7.8K Messages

12 years ago

@imstef wrote:
@rico, any discounts applied to your unlimited plan would be moot. Unlimited plans are not eligible for additional discounts as they are already discounted by being unlimited. 🙂

Imstef, You are correct 🙂 , I was basically referring to a personal experience where I added auto assistance to my primary number not long back and the csr somehow got things so turned around it "resulted in a type of change that flagged my account" and lost my unlimited...whew! That was one of those "lemme speak with the mgr moments"... Gladly everything was reversed. So I just said forget any changes for now... Couldve just been someone new, but for me, for now, the less cogs in my account.... 🙂

Scholar

• 

289 Messages

12 years ago

If you have an email with the company (not personal ex. gmail, yahoo, aol, etc) you can apply for the discount via www.att.com/wirelessdiscounts

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@HYEE wrote:

Also in the corporate discount, I read that new service ordered online can get up to $25 credit.  How do I apply this when I already ordered before knowing this?

Hi HYEE - You may be able to ask for the credit to be applied post order, however I cannot guarantee it would be. If you'd like to speak with someone to see if your employee discount can be retroactive, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

12 years ago

@HYEE wrote:

Also in the corporate discount, I read that new service ordered online can get up to $25 credit.  How do I apply this when I already ordered before knowing this?

Hi HYEE - You may be able to ask for the credit to be applied post order, however I cannot guarantee it would be. If you'd like to speak with someone to see if your employee discount can be retroactive, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

Teacher

• 

47 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you all for your assistance.  The order is placed under my mom's name, and it is a family plan.

I have contacted ATT by phone, and the rep told me that the credit is not retroactive.  If I call and get another rep, would that rep apply the credit?

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

12 years ago

most likely not

Teacher

• 

47 Messages

12 years ago

Thank you all for your advice and tips.  Much appreciated.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.