Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 25, 2012
8:43:38 PM
View profile
Change one line from in family plan to individual?

I have a family plan of several people and we share the entire phone bill. However there is one person that always pay her part late. I'm tired of running after it asking her to pay her part every now and then. So I'm wondering if there is a way that I can kick her out of the family plan? No cancelling line I suppose, so she goes to a individual plan.

Thanks!

I have a family plan of several people and we share the entire phone bill. However there is one person that always pay her part late. I'm tired of running after it asking her to pay her part every now and then. So I'm wondering if there is a way that I can kick her out of the family plan? No cancelling line I suppose, so she goes to a individual plan.

Thanks!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 26, 2012 2:48:10 AM
(0)
Employee
You can create a seperate account and move her line to that account, but if the account is still in your name then her late payments can still effect you, as all accounts in the same name are eligible for suspension if one account is suspended for payment related issues. Have you thought of a transfer of service? That is where you would give her permission to take her line off your account and on to an account in her own name, then she is responsible for her own line and you are not effected at all. You can go to www.att.com/transferservice to start the process.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Change one line from in family plan to individual?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 26, 2012 2:48:10 AM
(0)
Employee
You can create a seperate account and move her line to that account, but if the account is still in your name then her late payments can still effect you, as all accounts in the same name are eligible for suspension if one account is suspended for payment related issues. Have you thought of a transfer of service? That is where you would give her permission to take her line off your account and on to an account in her own name, then she is responsible for her own line and you are not effected at all. You can go to www.att.com/transferservice to start the process.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Change one line from in family plan to individual?

2 of 4 (17,510 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2012 5:49:18 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you very much! That worked well.
Thank you very much! That worked well.

3 of 4 (17,400 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2012 7:03:12 PM
(0)
Employee
Anytime! Glad you got it straightened out!
Anytime! Glad you got it straightened out!

4 of 4 (17,387 Views)