Need help understanding your bill?
Stettin's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, January 28th, 2013 4:07 AM

Cancelling 2-year wireless plan for 3 iPhone5s

My daughter signed me up for a 2-year plan (3) iPhone5s and it costs too much. Can I cancel and just pay the early termination fee of $325 or are there going to be additional charges?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

@Stettin wrote:
Thanks for the reply ThatCanadianGuy but I was wondering if the fact that I received (3) iphone5's was going to change the termination fee.

Ahh, in that case, there would be 3 separate early termination fees of $325, as the contracts are set up "per line". So you'd be looking at $975.

However, if the devices were purchased within the past 14 days, you can return them to the nearest AT&T company-owner retail store under "Buyer's Remorse" and you won't be charged the early termination fees.

If it's been over 14 days, then those early termination fees will apply.

Mentor

• 

49 Messages

11 years ago

@Stettin wrote:
My daughter signed me up for a 2-year plan (3) iPhone5s and it costs too much. Can I cancel and just pay the early termination fee of $325 or are there going to be additional charges?

Hello there! In regards to your question, there will be the $325 early termination fee as well as a final bill. Depending on if you are billed in advance or billed in arrears, your final bill will vary;

Billed in Advance

Monthly fees for your price plan and features are billed a month in advanced, similar to how rent or mortgage is billed. This is also how many other companies, such as cable and internet services, are billed. Since your monthly service fees have already been billed, your final bill only includes any unbilled usage. Please note that unbilled usage that is not in our billing system such as International usage may appear on a final "final" bill.

Billed in Arrears

Monthly fees for your price plan and features are billed in arrears. Your final bill will include monthly service fees through the date of cancellation as well as Airtime used. Please note that unbilled usage that is not in our billing system such as International usage may appear on a final "final" bill.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the reply ThatCanadianGuy but I was wondering if the fact that I received (3) iphone5's was going to change the termination fee.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.