Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 17, 2013
7:36:16 PM
View profile
Can someone under 18 get service?
I recently bought the iPhone 5 unlocked gsm from apple and I was wondering if I could get service in my name even though I am 17. I don't see why not as I don't have to enter a contract then. Thanks
I recently bought the iPhone 5 unlocked gsm from apple and I was wondering if I could get service in my name even though I am 17. I don't see why not as I don't have to enter a contract then. Thanks
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 17, 2013 8:52:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Even though you do not have to sign a contract, you need to sign an agreement, which 17 years old cannot legally do.
At this point, I you can't get someone to sign the agreement, your only other option is Pay As You Go.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Can someone under 18 get service?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Apr 17, 2013 8:52:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Even though you do not have to sign a contract, you need to sign an agreement, which 17 years old cannot legally do.
At this point, I you can't get someone to sign the agreement, your only other option is Pay As You Go.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can someone under 18 get service?

2 of 4 (1,152 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2013 9:41:07 AM
(0)
Expert

tylerb710 wrote:

As Kdferder mention to enter into an agreement you have to be 18, he did mention to use it as a gophone though as a option - the drawback here is att does not support it and no data plan for a gophone will be able to work

tylerb710 wrote:

As Kdferder mention to enter into an agreement you have to be 18, he did mention to use it as a gophone though as a option - the drawback here is att does not support it and no data plan for a gophone will be able to work

3 of 4 (1,093 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2013 5:13:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
GoPhone is your only option. I would know. Smiley Wink

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

GoPhone is your only option. I would know. Smiley Wink

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

4 of 4 (1,025 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments