Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 2, 2012
5:40:00 AM
View profile
Can/how do I donate unused minutes?
Edited by ocnpnt on Mar 2, 2012 at 5:44:14 AM

Does anyone know if I can do this and, if so, donate to U.S. troops?

Does anyone know if I can do this and, if so, donate to U.S. troops?

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 2, 2012 6:41:30 AM
(0)
Employee

I've never heard of donating unused minutes to soldiers... that is a great idea though! 

There is a recycling program in which wireless phones, accessories etc... are donated to soldiers. More info here

You can also donate AT&T Calling Cards to soldiers here.

Hope this helps. Good luck! 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Accepted Solution

Can/how do I donate unused minutes?

[ Edited ]
6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 2, 2012 6:41:30 AM
(0)
Employee

I've never heard of donating unused minutes to soldiers... that is a great idea though! 

There is a recycling program in which wireless phones, accessories etc... are donated to soldiers. More info here

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can/how do I donate unused minutes?

2 of 7 (3,026 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2012 6:55:51 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by ocnpnt on Mar 2, 2012 at 6:56:11 AM

Wow, ok, thanks.  That's kind of surprising/disappointing it's not an option, so thanks for letting me know.

Wow, ok, thanks.  That's kind of surprising/disappointing it's not an option, so thanks for letting me know.

[ Edited ]
3 of 7 (3,024 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2012 11:43:14 AM
(0)
Teacher

what other carriers offers this?

You seem suprised as if it's just not an option with AT&T.

what other carriers offers this?

You seem suprised as if it's just not an option with AT&T.

4 of 7 (2,999 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2016 6:01:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

I tried today to donate a portion of my gophone minutes to a friend , who lives in a low income, assisted living, senior housing complex & on a limited income.  His only link to family and friends is thru his cell phone.  AT&T Gophone rep. advised that they are no longer able to this.  I have $275 in my account that I will never use, because I only use my cell phone for emergencies.  It is a shame that a large corporation like AT&T is so greedy.  Does anyone know of a carrier who allows donation of unused minutes, to needy senior citizens? I tried calling AT&T corporate office, but all you get is the usual telephone prompt.  This has made me so upset, I will never use their services again!

I tried today to donate a portion of my gophone minutes to a friend , who lives in a low income, assisted living, senior housing complex & on a limited income.  His only link to family and friends is thru his cell phone.  AT&T Gophone rep. advised that they are no longer able to this.  I have $275 in my account that I will never use, because I only use my cell phone for emergencies.  It is a shame that a large corporation like AT&T is so greedy.  Does anyone know of a carrier who allows donation of unused minutes, to needy senior citizens? I tried calling AT&T corporate office, but all you get is the usual telephone prompt.  This has made me so upset, I will never use their services again!

5 of 7 (54 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2016 6:06:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by lizdance40 on Jul 21, 2016 at 6:09:09 PM

You can give Gophone refill.   Just don't know if they will let you use your balance.  You can also use your balance for merchandise.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008660

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information

You can give Gophone refill.   Just don't know if they will let you use your balance.  You can also use your balance for merchandise.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1008660

We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information
We are customers too. Our answers are based on experience, knowledge and reading the terms of service and are honest, but not always appreciated. Please mark the correct answer. Please do not post personal information.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (49 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 21, 2016 6:39:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

@ Lizdance40  Yes I knew I could buy refills, friend still has two months on his plan, but running out of minutes.  Thanks for the info.

@ Lizdance40  Yes I knew I could buy refills, friend still has two months on his plan, but running out of minutes.  Thanks for the info.

7 of 7 (35 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments