Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 4, 2012
12:06:00 PM
View profile
Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

I have an used unlocked Phone that my daughter had on her at&t account that she replaced. I have an AT &T cell phone (dumb phone) and want to upgrade my AT &T service to be able use the smart phone. First can I do this and second do I have to sign up with a 2 year contract with AT & T ?

Thanking you in advance

Barbara

I have an used unlocked Phone that my daughter had on her at&t account that she replaced. I have an AT &T cell phone (dumb phone) and want to upgrade my AT &T service to be able use the smart phone. First can I do this and second do I have to sign up with a 2 year contract with AT & T ?

Thanking you in advance

Barbara

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 5, 2012 9:25:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, you can do that and no, since you are bringing a used phone in, you do not need to sign a 2 year contract.
2 year contracts are only required when you get a subsidized price on a new phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Dec 5, 2012 9:25:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, you can do that and no, since you are bringing a used phone in, you do not need to sign a 2 year contract.
2 year contracts are only required when you get a subsidized price on a new phone.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Can I use an unlocked older iphone to replace my dumb phone for my AT & T phone service?

2 of 2 (3,307 Views)
Solution
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments