Need help understanding your bill?
JessicaRene's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, October 5th, 2014 3:09 AM

Can I sell my phone?

If I have a phone that I'm paying on through the ATT next, but I'm not currently using the phone (early upgrading) can my old phone be sold to a friend and them reactive it?

Scholar

• 

150 Messages

9 years ago

If your friend is with AT&T, yes.  Just swap sim cards and he should be good.  If not, your contract needs to be paid in full, phone been out for sale for at least 6 months, and you need to submit an unlock request.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

How do you submit an unlock request? That would make him.be the one paying the bill for the service and me paying the actual bill for the phone?

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

The unlock request would allow them to use the phone on any GSM service, not just AT&T. Unlocking has nothing to do with who pays the bill.

The monthly bill is tied to the SIM card, not the phone. The NEXT bill is tied to the person that purchased the phone. AT&T doesn't care who uses the phone as long as the bill is kept current.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

If your "early upgrade" is via Next, you may be required to return your old phone. Suggest you verify before selling the old phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

What if you do the buy one take one promotional for the free Samsung TV? It says you need to upgrade to the S7 AND add another line. The other line would receive credit for the new phone. So if I had an upgrade to the S7 and added another S7 to the new line (Which I don't need) how could I sell that extra phone on a site like Amazon? What steps would I take?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.