Need help understanding your bill?
maciek787's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 7:24 PM

Can I get a big 4G data plan for 3 months?

I am to spend 3 months in the States and need a data plan for that period. At the place where I'll stay there is no Internet connection, so I have to find a way not to be cut off from the world.

I've checked and there is AT&T 4G wireless coverage at the place, where I will stay. I thought about getting a device to create my own hot spot - it's not a problem. What I need is a data plan (or something similar).

Can I get at At&T such a data plan for only 3 months without any contract, devices, etc.?

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@maciek787 wrote:

I am to spend 3 months in the States and need a data plan for that period. At the place where I'll stay there is no Internet connection, so I have to find a way not to be cut off from the world.

I've checked and there is AT&T 4G wireless coverage at the place, where I will stay. I thought about getting a device to create my own hot spot - it's not a problem. What I need is a data plan (or something similar).

Can I get at At&T such a data plan for only 3 months without any contract, devices, etc.?

You can get an AT&T "Go-Phone" plan which might work for you, but it may have more restrictive data usage than you want.  You can probably get an AT&T Mobile Share Value Plan with a "big" data usage (10GB for about $125-130/month, with plans as high as 50GB/month) but since this is not a pre-paid plan, they may require you to put down a security deposit unless you have a good credit rating within the US credit verification services.  The Mobile Share Value Plans are non-contract plans which allow you to cancel at any time, but they do have a one-time activation fee you would need to pay as well.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.