For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
humrlvr's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:51 PM

Call Blocking Procedures

I spoke to AT&T reps twice today.  Called the FCC, FTC and re-registered my home and cell number on no call list.  Going to email my congressman next.  I need help.  I did the *60 and recording claimed my call blocking was activated but said nothing else and I do not know how to add a number, can someone help me please.  These harassing calls are starting to tick me off.

Sincerely,

Melanie a/k/a HUMRLVR

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

My apologies if this question has already been asked and answered. Unfortunately I need far more than 20 numbers to block. It is quite common for companies to have a range of numbers they call from and seem to rotate if they can not get through on a given number. I find this whole aspect of dealing with unsolicited calls very intrusive but at least call blocking is a way out. However, I need more numbers.

Thanks.

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

11 years ago

@etubridy wrote:

My apologies if this question has already been asked and answered. Unfortunately I need far more than 20 numbers to block. It is quite common for companies to have a range of numbers they call from and seem to rotate if they can not get through on a given number. I find this whole aspect of dealing with unsolicited calls very intrusive but at least call blocking is a way out. However, I need more numbers.

Thanks.

Put your number is the Local and Federal Do Not Call list, as long as they are companies that you have never had a business relationship with or credit history with the list will sto the majority of calls, if they call in on a different number file a complaint at the website on them, the state and federal govement is pretty forward about going after solicitors that do not follow the rules, it is a law that they have to have the do not call list numbers removed from their auto call databases.

Explorer

• 

11 Messages

11 years ago

@gregzoll_1 wrote:
If it shows as unknown, private, blocked, it can never be added to your block list. The block list works off of information that gets sent through before the phone ever rings.

Thats a little misleading the paid block list via ATT is like that, however on most custom Andriod Roms and JailBroken iPhones, there are many root level tools that do a wonderful job of blocking unknown, private and blocked numbers.

I think if the user is being harrased though and the cell phone is not a primary business line, its far easier just to change the number and effectivly the problem is solved.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

10 years ago

I too had a hard time finding the answer on the website, but I finally did after a lot of effort.  Here are the steps that worked for me:

Hover over MyAtt, which drops down another menu of choices

Point to Home Phone, which drops down more choices

Select Manage Features under My Phone Service column on the left

Now that you are in, you can manage your features, see how many calls you have had and missed and even check your voicemail if you have it activated.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Unfortunately, the "Here" link returns me to the home page.  I have had  a spammer call me roughly 20 times in the last two days and I would really like to block the number.  Can anybody help me?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Your call blocking doesnt work..it caused all my calls to go to voicemaill..had to have it taken off by att&t

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Your call blocking does not work, it caused my phone not to ring and everything went to voice mail.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

To block a number from calling your mobile phone you simply go into the number details and up in the corner where you can choose edit or share and there are three dots? Click on the dots. One of the choices should be "block number", or "block contact". That should stop the number from calling you. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy so it might be slightly different than what you will need to do but I hope this helps. The problem is that you have to do it with each number that you want to block. I usually wait until I get two or three calls from the same number and then I block it. As far as I have found there is no limit on how many numbers you can block at one time. Good luck!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.