Need help understanding your bill?
humrlvr's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 5:51 PM

Call Blocking Procedures

I spoke to AT&T reps twice today.  Called the FCC, FTC and re-registered my home and cell number on no call list.  Going to email my congressman next.  I need help.  I did the *60 and recording claimed my call blocking was activated but said nothing else and I do not know how to add a number, can someone help me please.  These harassing calls are starting to tick me off.

Sincerely,

Melanie a/k/a HUMRLVR

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Here is the user guide which includes instructions on how to do everything you need.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

@humrlvr wrote:

I spoke to AT&T reps twice today.  Called the FCC, FTC and re-registered my home and cell number on no call list.  Going to email my congressman next.  I need help.  I did the *60 and recording claimed my call blocking was activated but said nothing else and I do not know how to add a number, can someone help me please.  These harassing calls are starting to tick me off.

Sincerely,

Melanie a/k/a HUMRLVR

Hi Melanie, 

I'm sorry you're getting calls you don't want. @Anonymous provided a link to great information about *60.

If these are marketing calls and you are an AT&T customer, you can let AT&T know that you don't want to receive them by logging into your account on att.com and managing those preferences. 

You can also call 611 from your phone and request to be removed from any solicitation contact.

If you are not an AT&T customer, you can register your preferences here: http://www.dmaconsumers.org/dmasponsorship.html

Email, Text Message and Mail Solicitation Policy

AT&T maintains a list of customers not wanting to receive email, text messages, or mail solicitations from AT&T. Customers on the list are excluded from marketing campaigns of the type from which they request to be excluded.

Customers on this list may still receive non-solicitation communication. AT&T may contact customers for non-solicitation matters such as customer service surveys, billing matters, or other service related issues. You may register your solicitation preference by:

• Clicking on the appropriate link within an AT&T marketing email
  • Responding as directed to an AT&T text message solicitation
  • Calling AT&T Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless device.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Not really clear as to who or what you are getting upset about.

ACE - Master

• 

6.9K Messages

11 years ago

read your post twice and still don't understand what you are trying to do and how calling the FTC, FCC and your congressman is going to help. The do not call list is pretty much useless and there are too many loopholes for it to be effective.  BeeBeeSA has provided you with instructions on how to set up call blocking.  Keep in mind though, you are only allowed to block 20 numbers at any one time.

Another option would be to have an unlisted/unpublished phone number, but when you do business with anyone they can always call you if you put your correct number down.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

BeeBeeSA,

I did all these things as referred by AT&T employee, well the FCC, which in turn referred me to FTC, as for the congressman it is to let him know the no call list does not include harrassing phone calls from outside the US.  Now I have call block activated on my home phone but it did not give me options to add any numbers.  Please tell me what to do about that.  I tried doing *60 again hoping it would ask me if I wanted to add a number or last number that called me or something but since Uverse digital voice service I went to this doesn't happen.  I have blocked numbers before but I need help and I am sick of the calls.  If you can help feel free.

Melanie a/k/a humrlvr

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

It sounds like these are not calls from AT&T, is that correct?

I think it would be a good idea to have a member of my team give you a call since this situation seems to be a bit unique. 

Will you please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you? They will contact you directly and help find the best options to block these calls.  

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

Gregzoll,

I was explaining my dilemma that I have been through today in attempting to block a number that has been calling me for over a month.  I have told them not to call we aren't interested, I was on a no call list, called the Secret Service, FCC, FTC and I would appreciate a little understanding.  I write really well, it is a forte of mine, so I know my message earlier was very clear and concise.  I need to know how to add a number to block as my call blocking is activated but did not offer to allow me to add any numbers it just told me my service was activated.  Is this clear enough for you?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I am now upset with this so called community help site.  I asked for help and get a bunch of .  I just wanted to know what to do to add a dang number that has been harrassing me at my home number for well over a month.  My call block is active *60 but does not say anything else as to how to add/block number.  I want to delete this forum how do I do that?  It has not helped me at all.

Former Community Manager

• 

5.2K Messages

11 years ago

I'm sorry you're upset, we are trying to help. I know this is frustrating for you.  

If you will send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with the info I asked for in my earlier post, we can give you a call. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

If it shows as unknown, private, blocked, it can never be added to your block list. The block list works off of information that gets sent through before the phone ever rings.

That means if the other end spoofs the number, or makes one up to screw with the Caller ID info, you will not be able to do anything about it. The only way, would be to use a allowable or Whitelist, that only those numbers you allow through, would reach you, the rest would be dumped.

There are phonesets and caller ID devices that do this, and some have gone as far as setting up their own home PBX box also, to allow for more robust features.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.