Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 18, 2014
8:58:05 PM
View profile
Breaking Phone Contract Charges
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Mar 24, 2014 at 6:08:02 AM

Hello guys,

If i want to break my phone contract with att, any idea how much they will charge me? I have purchased 2 iPhone 5s recently(1 month before) , and 3 of them are 14 months old smartphones. Another concern is after paying all fees for breaking contract, Can my 2 iPhones will be unlocked by att or not? since i am planinng to use the same phone. Any help I would appriciate!!!

Hello guys,

If i want to break my phone contract with att, any idea how much they will charge me? I have purchased 2 iPhone 5s recently(1 month before) , and 3 of them are 14 months old smartphones. Another concern is after paying all fees for breaking contract, Can my 2 iPhones will be unlocked by att or not? since i am planinng to use the same phone. Any help I would appriciate!!!

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 19, 2014 3:19:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

maverickruler wrote:
Thanks for the information! However, can att unlock my iPhone ?

Yes, they will once the ETF fees are paid. Be advised, that process can take several weeks from when you submit payment so you don't want to put your unlock request in until you are sure the ETF payment has been posted and your contract is officially complete. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Breaking Phone Contract Charges

[ Edited ]
5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 19, 2014 3:29:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by MicCheck on Mar 19, 2014 at 3:30:25 AM

maverickruler wrote:

Hello guys,

For smartphones, early termination fees (ETFs) start at $325 and go down $10 for each month of the contract you've fulfilled. Assuming you've completed one month on each iPhone 5s, that would be $315 * 2 = $630. Assuming you've completed 14 month of the contact on the others, it would be ($325-140)=185*3=$555.

$555 + $630 = $1185.

AT&T's unlocking policy can be found here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414532&cv=820#fbid=cv_6YGjIZmN

maverickruler wrote:

Hello guys,

For smartphones, early termination fees (ETFs) start at $325 and go down $10 for each month of the contract you've fulfilled. Assuming you've completed one month on each iPhone 5s, that would be $315 * 2 = $630. Assuming you've completed 14 month of the contact on the others, it would be ($325-140)=185*3=$555.

$555 + $630 = $1185.

AT&T's unlocking policy can be found here: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB414532&cv=820#fbid=cv_6YGjIZmN

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: BREAKING PHONE CONTRACT CHARGES

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (3,872 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 1:40:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

3 of 6 (3,833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 19, 2014 3:19:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

maverickruler wrote:

Yes, they will once the ETF fees are paid. Be advised, that process can take several weeks from when you submit payment so you don't want to put your unlock request in until you are sure the ETF payment has been posted and your contract is officially complete. 

maverickruler wrote:

4 of 6 (3,820 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 6:21:32 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thank you!
Thank you!

5 of 6 (3,782 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 9:51:39 AM
(0)
Employee

It also depends on what type of iPhone you have.  If it's a newly released device, you may have to wait a certain period of time before it becomes eligble to be unlocked.

It also depends on what type of iPhone you have.  If it's a newly released device, you may have to wait a certain period of time before it becomes eligble to be unlocked.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (3,767 Views)