Need help understanding your bill?
Judson50's profile

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

Sunday, October 9th, 2011 4:44 PM

Blackberry Internet Service to iPhone 4s

I currently have a 9700/6.0.0.526 Blackberry with an Unlimited Data Plan for B lackberry Internet Service.(I was grandfathered in in 2010)

If I go to iPhone 4s, will I keep my Unlimited Data Plan or will I lose it?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

372 Messages

12 years ago

The posts are in regards to the plan being changed. If your plan is removed by you, you will not get it back. If its an error on att's part there are things that can be done to get it fixed. The messaging plan is the same way. You don't need to chose a new on, you can keep the 5$ one. But if you change it, its gone forever. Now on to the phones, the 3gs should be available. Unless its still on backorder. Right now, processing time from when the order is placed to receiving the 4s is 21 - 28 days. It may be faster to go to a store if you are able to find one with the device in stock. That's the benefit. Hope this helps 🙂

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

13 years ago

You will be able to keep your unlimited plan.  Anyone who already has a smartphone with an unlimited plan is allowed to switch between different smartphones and keep unlimited data.  For anyone who upgrades to a smartphone for the first time, they will not allowed unlimited data.

Employee

• 

372 Messages

13 years ago

Yes, you will be able to keep the unlimited smartphone data plan.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

12 years ago

I believe you and I am  Just curious...

then why are there all these posts on all these websites; whereas, people had to choose different rates when getting an iPhone 4s?

Also, i recently read you can't keep your $5 = 200 text messages either when upgrading your blackberry to iPhone 4s?

Thoughts?

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

12 years ago

Last questions,

on november 5, when I up grade my wife's blackberry to an iPhone 3gs - will it be avialble?

And

When I order my iphone 4s - how long do you think I iwll have to wait for it to get delivered?

Finally

Is there any benefit to doing this in a store rather than through the business premier website?

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

12 years ago

I found part of my answer here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Apple-iPhone/Clarification-on-the-New-Smartphone-Data-Plans/td-p/1938734

"As many of you already know, existing Smartphone customers who already have a Smartphone data unlimited plan on their account will be allowed to keep their existing data plan should they choose, even if upgrading their device to another Smartphone; this includes ALL Smartphone Operating Systems such as iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, Windows Mobile, webOS and Symbian.  So, if you currently have a smartphone, such as a BlackBerry and would like to upgrade/switch to another smartphone like an iPhone, you can do so without losing your current  Smartphone data unlimited plan. "

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.